Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#10798 by AlanJones Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:07 am
The following email was received in response to a listing on an Au Pair website. This is a scam, no vacancy exists the scammer will try an scam you out of money by asking for fees or travel costs or accomodation costs.

Received from: MR.DAVID WILSON <[email protected]>
Reply-to: [email protected]
Subject: I NEED AN AUPAIR..........
Good day,

I am Mr.David Wilson an engineer from the United Kingdom(UK), i need a very honest person aupair, who will take good care of my kids and take them to school and bring them back home stay with them till my i come back from work.I will appreciate that you notify me if your services will be readily available so that i can furnish you with more job details and expectations from you. Kindly reply to [email protected]

Warm regards,

Mr.David Wilson

Notice the following that suggest it is a scam (proof will follow)
  • The address to reply to is different to the one used to send the email
  • The email is not personally addressed - it has been bulk emailed to a number of people. In addition, it was received as a BCC.
  • The poor grammar in the email are indicative of someone who does not speak English as their first language.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#11425 by AlanJones Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:00 am
Reply received

Received from: David willson <[email protected]>
IP Address: 196.3.183.72 Nigeria (Lagos)
Thanks for the reply,You are welcome to stay for as long as you wish.My wife died about Two years ago when my boy's, Jerry was 2 and Jake was just 1 year and six months years old.Jerry and Jake has been my motivation since then and i really want the best for them and that is why i really would want someone really nice and who i can trust to take care of them.This is also the main reason i am looking for an aupair from outside of England as the ones here have too many jobs thereby abandoning kids before the normal close of work time. I work as a building engineer.I am currently on a building contract on the outskirts of my state and so it takes me much time to drive to my son's school.I live in 19 Bakers Row street London .I read through your mail and i hope it will be a pleasure having you work for me.The prime purpose for me finding an aupair is because i have varying and lengthy work hours, but would be very considerate to your time as well. I have just returned back to full-time work and feel as though Jerry and Jake would be best served by having a nanny or an aupair. I am looking for someone that I and my son’s can treat as part of a family/friend and not just as a nanny/aupair. Jerry and Jake is easy to get along with you, we want to make you feel comfortable and at home,,are easy going, and down to earth.I would like you as an au pair/nanny to be a comfortable care giving partner/companion/sister who is caring, flexible, and will have fun with our family. I would also love our au pair to go shopping with us, go out to eat with us, go to the movies with us, participate in family events, go on trips with us (we love going to amusement parks), share holidays with us, etc.--become a part of our family. We really want someone who will pro actively talk, sing, laugh, interact, engage with the kids We would really enjoy a light-hearted, fun, and enthusiastic person who's ready for a worthy experience with a young, active family. We have an extremely supporting family here in the area, and the Jerry and Jake's grandparents play very active roles in there live also.i will be paying you 2,400 GB Pounds for every four weeks and a pocket money of 250 GB Pounds per week for the buying of some things for your self the working hour is just 7 hours per day and your responsibility in my house is just to take care of my boys,on shopping ,taking Jerry and Jake to the school bus will pick them up from which is just 2 km ahead from home.And also you have a private room bathroom toilet, TV personal Computer and also if you wish to be having free period from 5 pm to 6 pm is acceptable We are looking forward to the opportunity of meeting you and having you become a part of our happy family.About your coming,I will appreciate you get your documents as early as this month end so as to be sure about your readiness to come.Do you have a valid visa and work permit to stay in the United Kingdom?i know a reputable agency who can help you get your visa,work permit and other documents needed by you at a reasonable cost and very quick. Contact them via email and tell them that you are from me and get back to me with whatever they tell you. Also,let me know anyway i may be of help to you.I Will be expecting you reply about any other thing you may wish to know and also some little information about yourself which you want to share with me.See details below:
COMPANY NAME: TRAIL FINDERS
E-mail:[email protected]
Contact Person: Mr. Gerald Clark
Tell: +44-7035928885

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#11463 by AlanJones Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:09 am
Here is the reply from the travel agent

Received from: [email protected]
IP Address: 196.3.183.72 NIGERIA
This is to inform you that your mail has been received, TFI management is
specialized in obtaining Visa and work permits for individuals who seek to
travel to the UK, USA,Canada. and other parts of the Globe. Your visa
processing duration is a period of 15-25 days And Consuala,the visa
that we want to process for you will last for 3years and after that you
can now come to the embassy here in UK and get the permanent residency if
you like, so we will wait for your reply to know if you want us to help
you with it.
For your Visa and work permit processing to commence , you'd be required
to submit the following information

Name
Address
Passport No,
Phone Number
Nationality
Two scan or photocopy of your scan passport
Payment & Fees.

The visa and work permit processing cost,obtaining visa and work permit
together with your flight ticket will cost 1000GBP,Please do confirm
receipt of this email by replying this
email.

Thank you for your trust.

Trail Finders Travel Agency...