Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#10726 by AlanJones Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:45 am
The following email was received in response to a listing on an Au Pair website. This is a scam, no vacancy exists the scammer will try an scam you out of money by asking for fees or travel costs or accomodation costs.

Received from: Sean Parkman <[email protected]>
Reply-to: Sean Parkman <[email protected]>
Subject: Dear Au pair/Nanny
IP Address: 196.3.183.73 Nigeria (Lagos)
Dear Au pair/Nanny
This is a family of (Ages 30) with a lovely daughter (Ages 5).We live in NY United State. We are active members in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter . Husband is attorney, wife is Real Estate agent.We Need help with some one how will help us watch the kid during day while we are at work.Nice neighborhood, nice new home. Fun family, enjoys meeting new people, having fun activities together, traveling, etc. We Wants an Au Pair who will teach the family a foreign language,Looking forward to becoming good friends with an outgoing individual.I have an apartment room
for he/she that would be taking care of my kids in my house and i will be paying you $2500 for every four weeks and a pocket money of $500 per week for the buying of some things for your self and i will also be responsible for some of
the money for your flight ticket .And the working hour is just 8 hours per day and your responsibility in my house is just to take care of my kid, cooking,taking her on shopping ,taking her to where the school bus will pick her up from which is just 2 km ahead from home.also if you wish to be having free period from 5 pm to 6 pm is acceptable.So i will like you to get back to me if you are interested in being my Au pair nanny for my kid.So i hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks
Regards.
Sean Parkman.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#10738 by AlanJones Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:04 pm
The following reply was received

Received from: Sean Parkman <[email protected]>
Subject: CONTACT THE TRAVEL AGENCY AND GET BACK TO ME
IP Address: 196.3.183.73 Nigeria (Lagos)
Hello ,
Thanks for the swift response,am very happy to hear from you,and also want you to know that this job is yours and thanks for the interest in my family,I will like to see your Curriculum Vitae (CV).Truly,I need a foreign Nanny..I knew that there are a lot of Nannies in US here but is just that i need an Nanny from outside that is caring,loving,motherly care and well determined that can take good care of my kid for me but with the recommendation from you and that is the more reason I may need you services,hopefully you will be my kid's Nanny and do according to your words.
I don't play with my kid at all because she is the apple of my eyes,i worked because of her and i can pay so much on her. My advice i will help you with 50% out of the travel fees to reach here in United State and i shall be responsible for refund of the 50% that is made by you immediately you get here because why i said so is that i have paid for 2 Nannies in the past months which did not show up at my home but went to somewhere else and this reason i vowed that any Nannies/Au pair that i will employ,will make all expenses by himself/herself ,just for me to be sure that you will not do like the past Nannies and you are ready to work with my family here in U.S because i don't want someone who don't care about kids because i cherish my kid a lot.
Don't worry about the United State,it's a nice place to stay and which i hope you will enjoy staying here with my family and you will have the access to internet In fact i have a personal Laptop at home for myself but my kid usually play games on her own Laptop, i will get you a Laptop for your own use.All expenses made by you will be REFUNDED immediately you get here.The travel agency will get visa for you.
What you have to do now is to contact the travel agent below so that they can make the arrangement for your coming over via the information you will be needing to provide them below:
TRAVEL AGENCY NAME :Express Travel International
Email: [email protected]
Contact the Travel Agent and make inquiries about the tickets and other documents needed for your coming over from your country to the United State and get back to me via email and before applying for the visa, the documents that will be prepared by the Agent are needed at the U.S Home Office here.The documents have to be done by the Agent first and for this you have to make things faster so that your coming can be faster.
The duties I'm looking for are as follows:
1-Supervise breakfast with the children in the morning and get them off to school (Collect my kid from school at 3.40pm.)
2-Some Housework/washing/ironing as required on a daily basis
3-Supervise homework, music practice and fun activities or take children to after school activities.
4-Prepare and cook an evening meal for everyone at about 6.30-6.45
5-Weekends and Bank holidays would be free that there will not be much duties to carry out.
6-Occasional weekend work would be offered by prior negotiation. I normally leave for work at 7..00am and get back at around 6.30pm
although some flexibility is useful.
I am offering a live in position with full board (we eat well in this house!)
1-Separate Toilet and Bathroom.
2-TV,different type of video machines..
3-Personal computer already Internet on.
e.t.c for you and i will make sure everything goes on well with you
with my kid.
My Home Address Is
6 Lowell Place,
Ithaca,
New York,
United State
Kindly send the copy of your international passport to the travel agency so they can apply for visa,ticket and other documents.If you don't mind i can arrange for you any language school and driving school if you wish.
There is nothing to worry about all you have to do is contact the travel agency and make inquiries for your visa and things needed by you that will make you eligible to work here perfectly without disturbance.
Best of Regards,
Sean Parkman.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#10878 by AlanJones Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:41 am
This is the reply from the 'Travel Agency'

Received from: Express International <[email protected]>
Subject: CONCERNING YOUR DOCUMENTS
IP Address: 196.3.183.72 Nigeria (Lagos)
Express Travel International Wishes to thank you for contacting us regarding your Visa to the United State Of America.For Express Travel International to process your Visa and your other documents(Work permit&Tax Clearance).We will need you to fill the form below:

FULL NAME :
FULL ADDRESS:
NATIONALITY :
STATE & ZIP CODE :
INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT NUMBER:
SCAN COPY OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT:
DATE YOU WANT TO FLY TO USA:

We would also like to know if you are eligible to work and live in the United States Of America, You are eligible,if you are okay with the following reason ,

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN DEPORTED FROM THE US BY THE US GOVERNMENT?
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CAUGHT FOR A CRIMINAL PURPOSE IN YOUR COUNTRY ?

Email us as soon as possible and let us know if you can provide us the above details,and a Scanned copy of your International Passport.
PAYMENT:
Application Fee.... $100.00
Visa Fee............ $300.00
Work Permit Fee ...... $200.00
Insurance and Tax........ $100.00 and
Visa Handling Fee charge by (A.H.C) America High Commission $100.00
Total Payment..................................$800.00

Type of visa chargeValidityTerm of issueConsulate fee
Single entry 12 month 20 days $800
Single entry 14 months 28 days $1200
Single entry 18 months 40 days $1500

Choose from the above Type of visa charge,Validity,Term of issue & Consular fee for processing-

Correspondent should contact us for immediate payment and Ticket booking .You can make payment to us by Western Union Transfer. Payment confirmation will be sent to you as soon as we confirm your payment.
Please advice us immediately to avoid any delay in permitting/processing your Visa & ticket for your traveling , Contact us for more inquiries and payment information.Once we have confirmed receipt of your payment we will proceed with your application and will send to you your Travel documents.

In anticipation of your response

Yours Faithfully,

For planning your next international trip, please Email us at [email protected] to begin experiencing the peace of mind!

Express Travel Intl.

Travel Express International Agency "EXPRESS TRAVEL" . . . linking you with your global destination