Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#10476 by AlanJones Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:51 am
The following email was received in response to a listing on an Au Pair website. This is a scam, no vacancy exists the scammer will try an scam you out of money by asking for fees or travel costs or accomodation costs.

Received from: Nikki & Nick Williams <[email protected]>
Reply-to: Nikki & Nick Williams <[email protected]>
Subject: ****WE NEED AN AU PAIR FOR OUR KID****
IP Address: 196.3.183.73 Nigeria (Lagos)
Dearest,
We're just starting to look for our next Au pair to follow our last fantastic Canadian Au pair who left us after 2 years as part of the family and we want to find someone just as wonderful to follow her!We're a happy family living in London City with a beautiful daughter age 5.We both work full time and would like someone to help us with our daughter when she finishes from school and to help us around the house with the kid things such as her bathroom, ironing, cleaning up her toys etc.If you are looking for a happy, fun, easy-going family be sure that you have gotten one already.
We need an enthusiastic, happy, playful and energetic person with a genuine love of child care,we have also learned from our Au pair experience how important it is to have someone who is experienced with child care and also enjoys playing games without feeling uncomfortable around kids.. My daughter have active imaginations so you would need to like imaginary games. We've also learned that its really important to us that we have an Au pair who is able to support in the upbringing of our daughter.
We can provide you with your own room with TV, D.V.D,computer with internet access including your own privacy,you will have a room and a bathroom to yourself.
So we will be paying you 1200pounds every four weeks and 300pounds as weekly pocket money.
Job Description
You need to LOVE children and enjoy being with them. You need to be able to set boundaries yet be patient and affectionate. If you are this person then get in touch! We won't ask too much of you - pick up the girl from school at3:15pm then look after her until we get home at 5:30pm. There is a little evening babysitting & some light housework during the day and we do all we can to make our Au pair feel comfortable, happy and welcome in our home. So far we've succeeded on our emphasis of making our Au pair"one of our family" this includes coming on our family holidays and days out if you wish. We're also happy to have your family come and visit you and we will support you if you wish to study any language. We've successfully played host to one Au pair so far,we hope you will be our second.
We hope to hear from you soon!
Best wishes.
Nikki Williams.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#10531 by AlanJones Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:30 am
Email received from the scammers asking the victim to contact the travel agents.
Hello ,
Thanks for the mail,i want you not as an aupair alone but as part of the Williams family. You are to start as soon as you are ready and also you can stay as long as you wish to stay. I want my kid to be happy and i believe you can help her out. I need you to contact the Travel Agency that will be helping you out with your trip and all the documents that you will be needing on this email address:
VIRGIN TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL
Email:[email protected]
They are really trusted and they work fast, they have helped my last aupair to get her documents in coming to my place, tell them you want a visa for UK to work for Williams family. Let me know whatever they discuss with you so as to know where to help. I'm am assuring you they will help you with a cheaper and faster Visa, Work permit and Flight ticket. So i await your response and also let me know if you are interested or not.
Here is my address in London.
289a Camberwell New Road, Camberwell
London
SE5 8QU
England.
Regards.
Nikki Williams.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#10532 by AlanJones Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:57 am
Please excuse the (mangled) Swedish below, it is for the benefit of a potential victim who I found enquiring about these scammers on a Swedish Forum and have hopefully directed here.

I am unsure how well she can understand English, so hopefully she will understand the following well enough not to get scammed.

---

Jag hoppas att du läser det här innan du betalar dem några pengar.

Se det ursprungliga inlägget ovan och du kommer att se att även om Nikki Williams anspråk på att vara i London, den e-post som skickas från Nigeria.

#10535 by AlanJones Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:34 am
Here is the reply received from the Travel Agent.

Received from: Virgin Travel <[email protected]>
Subject: CONCERNING YOUR DOCUMENTS
IP Address: 196.3.183.72 Nigeria (Lagos)
Dear Consuala,
Virgin Travel International wishes to thanks for contacting us regarding the processing of your traveling documents to the United Kingdom.To have your complete documents including your UK work permit and Tax-clearance and all other requirement for your travel to the United-Kingdom,it would cost £ 400.00 POUNDS to process your Working Visa and documents here in the UK British consulate.We shall have it processed and send it to you via Courier service to your contact address when we receive your Visa and all other related backing documents.
We need some more details from you to proceed with the Visa,Working permit and the Tax clearance.

Here are the details needed :

FULL NAME :

FULL ADDRESS:

NATIONALITY :

STATE & ZIP CODE :

TELEPHONE NUMBER:

INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT NUMBER:

SCAN COPY OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT:

DATE YOU WANT TO FLY TO UK:
We will also like to know if you are eligible to work and live in the United Kingdom , You are eligible if you are okay with the following reason ,

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN DEPORTED FROM THE UK BY THE UK GOVERNMENT .

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CAUGHT FOR A CRIMINAL PURPOSE IN YOUR COUNTRY....
Email us as soon as possible and let us know if you can provide us the following details and a Scanned copy of your International Passport.
Correspondent should contact us for immediate payment and Ticket booking .You can make payment to us by western union money transfer to the below details:
Receiver's Name:Helen Wayne

Address:House 21 Northforth Street Milton Keynes MK9 1HL

Please advice us immediately to avoid any delay in permitting/processing your Visa & ticket for your traveling , Contact us for more inquiries.

Once we have confirmed receipt of your payment we will proceed with your application and will send to you your Travel documents.it will take us 15-20 working days.

Thanks for your Co-operation.

Ms.HELEN WAYNE
P.R.O. VIRGIN TRAVELS INTL.
Mr JAMMIE STRAUSS.
C.E.O. VIRGIN TRAVELS INTL.

Copyright 2009 VIRGIN TRAVELS INTERNATIONAL, INC. All Rights Reserved.Terms & Conditions|Website Terms & Conditions | VTI Travel Club Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Careers.
Active House 21 Northforth Street Milton Keynes MK9 1HL