Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
by meli Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:42 pm
We was scamed the last days: by a girl named SUSAN BRYAN

Thank you for your mail. Permit me tell you a bit more about myself and background.I am a 24 year old British girl. I come from a family of three: one elder brother, Fritz( 29 yrs)and a junior sister Ingrid (18 yrs). My dad is a construction engineer and my mom is of late.My family lives in Dorset,UK. I have been an au pair for four years in several countries:Canada,Scotland and now in the Republic of Cameroon with a New Zealand family (The Hardman family) .My contract with them just came to an end after I have worked with them for more than a year.Their children are grown up and they are now looking forward to returning to the New Zealand where they shall not need the services of an au pair anymore.I am interested in finding a new au pair job with a caring and loving family as a live-in au pair.I wish to work with a family that will treat me like a daughter and a part of the family. As I earlier mentioned,I have all the experience it takes to be a good au pair.I am responsible and neat,obedient and hardworking.I will care for your kids just as you will like me to.I won't go out of my way to smack your kids or annoy them.I like taking care of children and I respect each and every child as a unique being that needs to be showed some love.It pleases me to see children happy and smiling around me and with me.I will help them in their home work,teach them some educative rhymes and songs. I can also play the piano and other board games such as monopoly and puzzle,which I believe your kids will love. I can take care of as many as four children.I don't mind if any of your children is handicapped. I don't mind a home with pets as my current au pair family here have two bulldogs and an african grey bird.I get to feed the pets too. To me,being an au pair is nice and lovely experience that takes me around the world and offer that unique opportunity to meet new people, make new friends,experience different cultures and above all, learn a new language.In that case,I am very open to new cultures,new foods and new ideas.In fact,I am ready to learn from people and from children too.Though I am a christian,the host family's religion does not really matter to me.If I am willing to travel and work around the world,then I should be able to accept and respect every family as they are;their beliefs and their faith.All I pray is that they respect my own religion too and treat me like a member of the family.I am interested in working with families of different races and culture.I have no bias at all. I can help in some household duties like cooking,washing clothes,vacuuming etc.I like outdoor games,reading,swimming and cooking.I can drive too.I am fluent in english and french.I understand some German too.If you are interested that your children should learn a new language,I can boast that I am able to teach them english and french.These are the two I am fluent in and best at. What I will now like to know from you is when exactly do you want me to begin work with you,What other privileges shall I have living with you,my room etc? My maximum stay with you should be two years or one if you wish.These are some of the duties I shall be very able and willing to do as an au pair in your home:
# Work 45 hours per week (or less depending on the bulk of work) # Provide alert, responsible childcare # Involve your children in activities and games that foster positive growth and development # Prepare meals and snacks for your children, and cleaning up afterwards # Drive your children to school, lessons, and other appointments and activities # Pick up your children after school # Do your children's laundry, as well as own # Make your children's beds # Straighten your children's rooms # Keep my living quarters clean and tidy # Observe family "rules, traditions, and curfews" and set a good example for the children # Be ready to work at the agreed upon start time, showered, dressed and ready to go # Immediately inform you of any problems or issues that occur while the children are in my care # Act responsible at all times # Handle situations maturely # Be flexible; I know living with a family requires adapting to new ways of thinking and doing things # Be positive, helpful and courteous # Commit to stay for a full year or more # Pay promptly for personal expenses such a long distance telephone calls Regards, Susan
> Von: Bryan Susan [mailto:[email protected]]

after that we got photos:
-the photos are below-
than we got this mail
I am still in Cameroon where my last contract ended.
I will be flying from the Douala International Airport to meet your family. My dad in the UK has promised paying for the flight ticket. Talk soon, Susan

than:
I am just from the Western Union counter to receive the money my dad wired for the flight but it is shy of 400euros. My dad emailed me that unfortunately,someone peeped his credit card information and used the money.The bank and the police are investigating about it.It has already been found that the card has been used to buy cinema and football tickets.It has also been used to buy items online.At this point,my dad is in a fix and regret that he is not able to help me in time of need like this.More to that he lost his job because of the present economic crunch.
What my Dad's proposal was that you can assist me with the 400 euros as loan and then get to deduct it gradually from my salary when i begin work with you.From my calculation, if you deduct 100 euros each month from my pocket allowance, then the loan can be balanced after four months. I will be very grateful and happy if you consider this.I have to buy this ticket as soon as possible as the days are drawing very close.Flights get more expensive when they are so near.I have deposited this money to the global travel agency so they can secure the ticket.
Mr Hardman too is very willing to assist me but his allowances have not yet been paid. He has promised taking care of my transportation to the airport and luggage fee.
I count so much on your understanding so that I can pay for this ticket. Look forward to meeting you, Susan

So we sent - really do it - now can kick me in the ... the money for the flight in Euro.

I did receive the money but when I headed to the flight agency to purchase the ticket there was a little hitch. The flight agency told me that since I have been in Cameroon for more than six months,Its but normal that I get shots administered and go through a medical examination. They told me it is a law passed by the Ministry of Public Health implemented by the Cameroon Civil Aviation Authority(CCAA) I went straight to the shots office and began administering the shots.I was charged 50euros for the medical examination by the specialized physician and 150euros for the shots.I did have to pay for all these because I did not want to waste time since my departure date is near.More to that It was for our own safety too.I took one of the shots already and will take the last ones today at noon and tomorrow in the morning. I am just so depressed asking you to help me again after you have already done so.I just hope what I did was right because I wanted to secure the ticket asap I understand the level of trust we have for each other and please you have my word,I will not disappoint you I just hope you understand this and help me with the missing amount so I can pay for the flight ticket after leaving the shots office. Just so happy I will be meeting you, Find attached the document from CCAA. Susan On 4/1/09, Bryan Susan

and the agency also wrote us.
Dear madam
Susan Bryan of British nationality deposited 250euros for the flight tomorrow using Royal Air Maroc.The total flight is 495euros plus 35euros agency fee.So the balance is 280euros to be paid latest today at 15.00.
Our auditors are still auditing our account so please use either Walmart MoneyGram or Western Union to do the transfer into our cash pick account using the information below.
Receivers name.....................Ntuchu Timothy
address.................................Kings Road,Akwa
City.......................................Douala
Country...................................Cameroon
Test Question...........................When?
Answer...................................Now
Kindly email us the transfer details so we can issue the ticket in time
Kind regards,
Mr Ntuchu
[email protected]

Dear Madame,
Find attached the document.Susan could not fulfill that criteria and the flight is tomorrow.
She must do so before the flight tomorrow.
Kind regards,
Mr Ntuchu

got this document now from the agency and susan:
-document below-
than susan wrote:
I am just so confused after all the help you have done for me. Remember I will not use this money.Its just to show them that incase anything happens I am viable.I will return it to you immediately I arrive. Please do me this last good.I am so anxious flying tonight. My passport number is 085080557

than got this mail, because wrote not to sent more money from susan:
The agency just called me to come pick up the ticket.
I am just so happy.They said they received a call from the British embassy pleading with them to wave that rule for me. I just hope Mr Hardman permits me use his car so that I can drive faster and go get the ticket. Will keep you informed

than the last mail:
Dear Sir/Madame,
I am the former employer of Susan Bryan.
I was called from the office today that she had an accident while on the way to the ticket agency
I rushed to the accident scene and found her death
My car is beyong repairs.My driver also died instantly.They collided with a heavy duty truck.The police report shows that the driver of the heavy duty truck was drunk and reckless.
I have some pictures from the accident scene but its awful.
Will scan them only upon your request.
Mind you If you had a contract with her,you are entitle to claim from the Insurance company here because she was insured and even the vehicle was insured.
My kids are really feeling so bad to learn this sudden news.
Permit me go have a rest.I have been traumatised.
Mr Hardman
Hardman Family [[email protected]]

Now i am sure it must be a cheater and we were so silly.

what can we do?
Last edited by meli on Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
Advertisement

by Ralph Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:13 pm
Hi Meli

Welcome to Scamwarners

I am sorry I cant spend more than a moment on this now but, I have no doubt it is acam and this Harman family is no doubt the same person who has lied to you from the start.

Can you post up the au pairs email address as well please and as soon as I have a moment I will do some searches

Unfortunately, any money sent is gone, your best bet it to ignore any future corresopondance

I will get back with more info for you as soon as I can
Last edited by Ralph on Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
by meli Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:28 pm
the aupair mail adress was: Bryan Susan [[email protected]]

i cant attach the photos of her and the document .
did them now attach at a website but im not able to link that.
can i mail them ? or where can i post them?
by meli Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:00 am
Get a phone call right now from the number 0023 7758 26951 global travel agency. replace poromptly the phone.
hope you find more out.
informed the cameroon consulate abaout the cameroon document. its a fake they mailed me.
want to go to the police, but not sure if they xan help me here in germany.
by meli Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:00 am
eturn-Path: <*****************@outgun.com>
X-Flags: 0000
Received: (qmail invoked by alias); 03 Apr 2009 20:34:14 -0000
Received: from outbound1-2.us4.outblaze.com (EHLO outbound1-2.us4.outblaze.com) [208.36.123.130]
by mx0.gmx.net (mx096) with SMTP; 03 Apr 2009 22:34:14 +0200
Received: from wfilter2.us4.outblaze.com.int (wfilter2.us4.outblaze.com.int [192.168.8.90])
by outbound1-2.us4.outblaze.com (Postfix) with QMQP id 968F25C0F730
X-OB-Received: from unknown (205.158.62.16)
by wfilter2.us4.outblaze.com; 3 Apr 2009 20:33:34 -0000
Received: by ws5-10.us4.outblaze.com (Postfix, from userid 1001)
id 094A27BD5A; Fri, 3 Apr 2009 20:34:08 +0000 (GMT)
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15"
MIME-Version: 1.0
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 04:34:07 +0800
Subject: ACCIDENT
Received: from [41.205.24.182] by ws5-10.us4.outblaze.com with http for
[email protected]; Sat, 4 Apr 2009 04:34:07 +0800
X-Originating-Ip: 41.205.24.182
X-Originating-Server: ws5-10.us4.outblaze.com
X-Ob-Auth: *****************:[email protected]
Message-Id: <[email protected]>

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: (qmail invoked by alias); 03 Apr 2009 15:25:21 -0000
Received: from ey-out-2122.google.com (EHLO ey-out-2122.google.com) [74.125.78.25]
by mx0.gmx.net (mx015) with SMTP; 03 Apr 2009 17:25:21 +0200
Received: by ey-out-2122.google.com with SMTP id 25so191827eya.5
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references
:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type
:content-transfer-encoding;
bh=DOIMo4dRJuztAjs72X/DraS12KqVHQznpHbbQXm8U34=;
b=m7bueZSRGa2CbuMvDwA+VgI9YFeoaS60ijwrVsA6JJI2Al27sdD1YI8X5w840acYaP
+IjCNB8b86rtLvwbe0eZlq7JFq2NpzoFyB+++fwHGULXpa2+7ZauAdcQlOdTuhOlihtB
B1aoNtipJsQFoQHfegY9ReIIJHWicAK8AAOMQ=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to
:content-type:content-transfer-encoding;
b=vZ2tauJ9hY2yN9+Kmz0zc4Qu84YdWwSXNXxWFrQyoa9sgYTdu7L7YWc1PaPqziluhE
nRLjzzA0rPjjYAWEYk13OHTfMesaSPjJFt3nBhiTBiZ8fpMLVkMGT9K9tL2wDfGCTEwf
++/1KIm8z8M3S+hhC8zwFAS+U6BsyXOYKa0jM=
Received: by 10.210.91.7 with SMTP id o7mr992477ebb.61.1238772321113; Fri, 03
Apr 2009 08:25:21 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <000001c9b46f$f0d3ed40$0302a8c0@Melanie>
References: <[email protected]>
<000001c9b46f$f0d3ed40$0302a8c0@Melanie>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 08:25:21 -0700
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: urgent
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: (qmail invoked by alias); 03 Apr 2009 13:06:22 -0000
Received: from outbound1-1.us4.outblaze.com (EHLO outbound1-1.us4.outblaze.com) [208.36.123.129]
by mx0.gmx.net (mx053) with SMTP; 03 Apr 2009 15:06:22 +0200
Received: from wfilter3.us4.outblaze.com.int (wfilter3.us4.outblaze.com.int [192.168.8.242])
by outbound1-1.us4.outblaze.com (Postfix) with QMQP id 6A4367A0038
X-OB-Received: from unknown (208.36.123.70)
by wfilter3.us4.outblaze.com; 3 Apr 2009 13:06:20 -0000
Received: by ws1-8.us4.outblaze.com (Postfix, from userid 1001)
id 470C4326774; Fri, 3 Apr 2009 13:06:18 +0000 (GMT)
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_----------=_1238763978268361"
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 08:06:18 -0500
Subject: Re: AW: AW: WG: AW: AW: Susan bryan very important
Received: from [41.205.24.1] by ws1-8.us4.outblaze.com with http for
[email protected]; Fri, 3 Apr 2009 08:06:18 -0500
X-Originating-Ip: 41.205.24.1
X-Originating-Server: ws1-8.us4.outblaze.com
X-Ob-Auth: globaltravel:[email protected]
Message-Id: <[email protected]>

Edit to remove victim email address -- CW
Last edited by meli on Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
by Ralph Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:06 am
Adding something of great importance
Meli, could you please remove your email address from the header above, we dont need your details here and by having your email address posted you are likely to be targetted by further scams
Edit: Thanks Meli :wink:

Hi Meli

I have about 10 minutes between mowing grass :wink:

But I will do some quick searches to see what I can dig up.

Firstly, it is unfortunate that he police in any coutry would do anything about this besides taking your details, if you have a look around our site you will see many other people who have lost money to scammers and I dont recall too many where the police actually took an interest.

The simple sad truth is that the police in the scam victim's country have no jurisdiction
The scammers hide their identity and us fake documents
They scam from internet cafes so proving that the person who wrote to you is a particular person is nearly impossible and they need to actually be caught in the act
The police from the scammer hotspots are often quite corrupt and freely accept bribes in order for the scammer to continue
Even if not for the above reasons, a crime has not been committed until a person has lost money and even then in some cases it can be difficult to prove a crime has been committed.

Reporting the scams is good for statistics, it can show how big a problem it is and perhaps encourage governments to take a more active approach to education.

Until that happens, there is little more than a few groups of dedicated volunteers standing between scammers and their victims and we are hugely outnumbered

I will do a couple more searches but you just finished posting an email from the hardman family who were from NewZealand if I recall

Their IP points to Camaroon
41.205.24.1 Cameroon (Douala)*

Just adding before I get back to the lawns
I am out of time for the moment, nothing of interest coming up in searches yet but I only really skimmed through it

One thing of interest though is the email address for the travel agency with a salesperson.net email domain

A search on that domain shows other scams using the same domain, there is one of them here http://www.thescambaiter.com/FORUM/show ... hp?t=28801
Last edited by Ralph on Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
by The Enchantress Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:59 am
I too am sorry to note you have lost money to these scammers Meli.

Note this search on scammers name;

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=opera&rls=en&hs=FE0&q=%22susanbryan+scam%22&btnG=Search

Search on travel agency reveals "This business is listed as inactive"

http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1301/2041.php

Posting your images here;

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
by Arnold Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:52 am
I'm sorry to hear you were scammed. Scammers claiming to be looking for au pairs are common, but I can't remember one claiming to be an au pair before. I take it that you were advertising for one?
You need to watch out for the recovery scam now. The scammer will contact you again, claiming to be from the Camero0n police, FBI, etc, saying he can get your money back for you, but for a fee also payable by Western Union.
salesperson.net is a free email address from mail.com, who provide a range of convincing looking addresses widely used by scammers.

by meli Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:04 am
find that in the internet
Dear future aupair parents, I want to warn you. I hired Ashley Edwards as an au pair, originally coming from Ireland, now staying in Cameroon since 15 month. I even got a copy of her passport. I paid her flight to Munich, Germany, (814 GBP) to the casier (Doreen Simpson) of a non existing travel agency named „Flying blue“. Then Ashley told me that she would need more money (250 GBP) to pay her last three jabs she had to get to finish her medical checkup. Otherwise she wouldn't be allowed to fly. She expected money from her dad, but somebody peeped his credit card. So she had to ask me one more time. I didn't really have a chance not to send her the money, because otherwise the flight costs would be lost, too. (Even if I already had the feeling of beeing decieved). The man she was with until now, Mister Robert Hardman, sent me an email to tell me that she left with a bus from Yaounde to Douala to get to the airport. But the bus had a collision with a truck loaded with timber. Ashley went unconscious and suffered from a shock. She was receiving treatment at the hospital. Mister Hardman got in contact with the airlines to inform them of this unfortunate incident with one of their passengers. He wrote me, that the ticket has been postponed for when Ashley finally recovers. After I asked him to keep in touch with me for information, he wrote back that he shall do his best to keep me updated about Ashley's health. BUT, and this is the next strange thing that happened: He signed with „Thanks, A.“ – just like Ashley always did in her mails. I was deceived completly. After I asked Mister Hardman in which Hospital Ashely is in, he told me the Good Hope Hospital. But the number was always busy. And exactly the next day I got a mail from Ashley that she was out of hospital with two photos showing her lying in a sick bed. And that she needs more money to pay the hospital bill, because her passport had been deposited at the hospital as guarantee that she shall come back to them to pay the bills which amount to some £243 GBP. I didn't pay more money since then. Because at this time I was sure to be decieved. I even got a telephone number in Londonderry, England, from Ashleys father Tim Edwards. But there was a man on the phone with the same accent as all the others from cameroon had. These frauds must be organised all over the world. Please be careful!
Email-adresses from all I was in contact with: "Robert Hardman" "Ashley Edwards" "Doreen Simpson" and "Mrs. Sim Dabbous" (last employer, Greece) "Michael Croft" (last employer, USA) Watch out and good luck, Susanne

Currently Ahley is under the alias Faith Webb active. She tried to get money for a flight to us as well. But funny was that at the same time a Andrea Thomas applied at me and they used the same British Passport with different Pictures. So be careful regarding AuPairs coming from Cameroon.

I just got a message from a Faith Webb locator number 809847 which is now deactivated. She looks very similar to Ashley and with the same alias I am sure that it is the same one. She is saying she is 23.

I would also like to warn all parents who are thinking of employing an au pair to carefully screen and researched on the au pair that you intend to welcome.
We just fell prey to someone who pretended to be a British au pair going by the name of Kimberly Sand who is working for a Dutch family in Cameroon. As we were looking for an au pair for the past 3 months, we were getting desperate and our vigilance was probably at our lowerst point. This girl seemed to be a serious au pair with the required experience in email exchanges. However, my wife did note after a telephone exchange that Kim spoke with an African accent and does not speak English like a Brit. She needed EUR300 to purchase her flight ticket to come to Geneva (from Douala). After we obtained a "flight reservation" from the travel agency (later found to be ficticious), we transferred the money to Cameroon. The next day, we received an email from [email protected] mentioning that Kim have had an accident on the road to Douala airport, the bus collided with a timber truck and she had been sent to Good Hope Hospital .... So please make sure you do not send money to au pair, on the pretext to purchase air ticket. Au Pair World.net just confirmed that Kimberly Sand had been trying to register from many countries, e.g. UK, Russia, France, Cameroon, Canada etc., using different identities ...
by Arnold Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:54 am
Thanks for that. Scammers use and share scripts, and googling on phrases from them usually comes up with many hits.
"peeped his credit card" only comes up with one though (two when Google get round to visiting this site again). So it seems to be a new scam.
It contains many of the elements of a love scam. Such as the reasons why the scammer can't travel to meet you.

by meli Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:20 pm
hab grad ein neues mail bekommen, da wir uns auf der aupairworld neu registriert hatten.
scheint noch aktiv zu sein. diesesmal antwort auf deutsch.
"Ich bin zu kommen, so bald wie möglich, weil mein Vertrag hier ist beendet"
hier der header:
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 10.210.21.6 as permitted sender) client-ip=10.210.21.6;
Authentication-Results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 10.210.21.6 as permitted sender) [email protected]; dkim=pass [email protected]
Received: from mr.google.com ([10.210.21.6])
by 10.210.21.6 with SMTP id 6mr213489ebu.64.1238863658769 (num_hops = 1);
Sat, 04 Apr 2009 09:47:38 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references
:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type
:content-transfer-encoding;
bh=jQCTmIoSsw8Cyxd5u/ZQbSTaa3SJqW1zqRCLQ/6xnZw=;
b=Dj0x7Sa1OWv87dF5GQguo+PsYCFu7CsC4n4IghWQdk8ti2kWPCf2+W8+mOM8Zx3Hws
xZmVXEjZJpDt5pRZWYDQorlKLSE8P0J0soxPHs1YPfmwKbNuDgbYBHOunOeTOQNb76q2
caLuzqtHU6FMiCZSI8VjdKSO0CCKif7zpYjCk=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to
:content-type:content-transfer-encoding;
b=ni//XxwFhgmSOFFD9hIrkc01iYwx3ng2HugZ6B3dBNgnbvXphpq+UPiA1KPRnnO6X9
UAmK+O+RtY/vmenUz0UoDEaEyt4y5cO7PURNhBZ977SsMPcLKhidVd9llY9F3uIlr2HH
6k3blC1P1UhDsGoknFveFLhodRxab9QHMJVpI=
Received: by 10.210.21.6 with SMTP id 6mr213489ebu.64.1238863658765; Sat, 04
Apr 2009 09:47:38 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 09:47:38 -0700
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: aupair
by The Enchantress Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:05 pm
Thank you meli for posting further information.

I have discovered this complaint and comments against Ashley, Irish Au Pair here;

http://www.greataupair.com/public-forum.cfm/type/1/ID/4530

Note also this web page;

http://www.greataupair.com/public-forum.cfm/type/1/ID/4744

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.