Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#7694 by AmberJade Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:17 am
This one is weird since the recipient email address is NOT my email address.

I'm Robin Anderson 45 years old,my wife and i were living here in new mexico until that fateful day she was diagnosed and later died of breast cancer i have 1kid. my kid is inteligent and nice kid is name is Bobby is age is 4years old,i want you to take good care of him for about 1yrs and 2month.All i need from you is trust and honesty because i will not be at home with the kid and the kid stay alone with you due to my working status and for the fact that i travel alot i could not be at home to stay with him and as you know it there are alot of achievement in Usa and you will be treated as part of the family from the minute you arrive. my boy like playing video games Our family is a little hectic at times but fun loving and energetic .We are only 30 mins from the International airport.The Aupair will have access to the internet and a television and video in his/her room. you will have you own double room with ensuite shower facilities. I would expect the aupair to work for 25hrs per week Mon-Fri with weekends off you can start doing some other things here in Usa as you will have your working permit as soon as i'm okay with you u will have to do some housework.Till i hear from you, Here is my Contact Home address here in Usa and as soon as you've arived in the airport i shall come and pick you up at the airport flat 2 Clovis New Mexico am willing to pay $600 per week for my child care so get back to me if you are interested
Best Regard
Mr Robin
954-949-9205

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Authentication-Results: mta148.mail.re1.yahoo.com from=rocketmail.com; domainkeys=pass (ok); from=rocketmail.com; dkim=pass (ok)
Received: from 76.13.13.77 (HELO n7b.bullet.mail.ac4.yahoo.com) (76.13.13.77) by mta148.mail.re1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:05:13 -0800
Received: from [76.13.13.25] by n7.bullet.mail.ac4.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 26 Feb 2009 02:00:30 -0000
Received: from [76.13.10.172] by t4.bullet.mail.ac4.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 26 Feb 2009 02:00:30 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp113.mail.ac4.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 26 Feb 2009 02:00:30 -0000
Received: (qmail 32325 invoked by uid 60001); 26 Feb 2009 02:00:28 -0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=rocketmail.com; s=s1024; t=1235613628; bh=LXgnvwyoPzwMn9nJXO/h7SXI79nO6EVGXgKGaXj/vsQ=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=Gcq1TnYJNbuk4srQkL53aM6K2xBrS6gYsjFWdaJSMU2hak5bbWt0BxhEGDAxqPQQf+PLDUj4XHI5hTqaVUkkOe9Zorr2Ti9yQhj+SjT2IWcNP2KlXSn0K0Rh0x/t3FEJfGORZq6D+8+EFA7B0vqh7uuwQeUEnZotBXbMDdJQXrg=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=rocketmail.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=sv5qSwIur4kDLQVnJPH3JDuDEX9r4p5OI+zdRlzT4Uj4PcZ/BL4rtYejaPhEX0/RmpVRIIGtwRwV3CxInQQqmBmo1izF/0d+rayKxs6xGEUaq/wIjbpLN+KdOccrAiIsgDF/+2B7eIKu4wDnxc3+tP3ucoSI22b29YbsZcxZbk8=;
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Received: from [64.136.27.228] by web59808.mail.ac4.yahoo.com via HTTP; Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:00:28 PST
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:00:28 -0800 (PST)
Robin Anderson <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: AuPair/BabySitter
To: [email protected] (-> NOT MINE)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-246588528-1235613628=:23214"
Content-Length: 3333
Advertisement

#7697 by Dan Jones Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:40 am
This one also seems like a scam, but I'm having trouble finding proof.
The IP is - oddly - leading to Sellersburg, Indiana. The phone number points 1000 miles away to Florida, and the email states that he will pick you up in New mexico.

The English is terrible and the phrasing is typical of scam emails. Also, he signs Mr Robin. In standard English, you would use your surname here (Anderson), in other cultures, including west African, the first name is used.

I would be curious about any Aupair job that only wants you to work 25 hours a week. I haven't looked into it, but this seems like very few hours. I always thought of Aupairing as a full time job.

The wrong email in the to line shows that you are again on a BCC list. the scammer will have put one email address in the to line and the rest in the BCC. He was probably worried it might not send otherwise. It may even be another of his email addresses.

Please treat all job offers with caution. Thank you for posting these.
#7700 by AmberJade Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:11 am
Thanks for the reply.

As far as I know Au Pair jobs can be part time or full time. But not fully part time, since the main purpose of this program is for the au pair to learn about the host family's country, culture and language, so you get to join language classes.

BTW: here's his reply..

Thank you for the mail my kid is inteligent and nice kid.i want you to be with him and take good care of them for about 1yrs and 2month.My kid love singing and dancing all you need to do now is to contact the ticket agent via this information : Mr Ronald C. Beminio through this Email: [email protected] he has been my agent for well over a decade now and he take care of all my ticketing arrangement to wherever i want to go all over the world,so he is an experienced man.Contact the ticket agent and make enquiries about the visa,tickets and working permit document from your country to Usa and gets back to me via email don't worry about any expenses that this might cost you i shall refund all expenses incured by you after you get here when i pick you up at the airport,i just want to be sure if you really want to work for me and if you are really nice and caring with bobby because i don't want someone who don't care about kid.

I also want you to know that Usa is a nice place to stay you will have the access to internet facilities and have access to study in school of what ever you fill like going to study and for that it will only be for weekend only.Infact i have a personal computer at home but my kid usually play games on their own computer i can allow you to start using that to get some other enlinghtment over internet,I will be making every arrangement for you and now i have to arrange a room for you and i will make sure everything goes on well with you and with my kid too and may i ask if you have any driven experience b'cos you are going to be taking bobby to school every moring with the other car,There is nothing to worry about all you have to do is contact the ticket agent and make enquiries for your ticket,visa and all other neccessary arrangements which needs to be done before you can come over.I will be looking forward to hear from you immediately after you have contacted my travelling agency and whatever you both have agreed to you should let me know fast.

Thanks,Kindly contact Mr Ronald Immediately and he will let you know all you need to to do immediately so that there will be no delay.

Best of regard

Mr John

954-949-9205
#7706 by Ralph Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:09 am
Hi Amber,

Just to help you spot scam emails, I will point out a few thing that identify it to us as a scam, besides anything that may or may not come up in a search

my kid is inteligent and nice kid.i want you to Firstly there is a missing word as well as a lack of space after the punctuation, that's presuming that refering to you son as "my kid"

for about 1yrs and 2month.My incorect use of plurals and there's that lack of a space again

kid love singing and missing an "s" again

dancing all you bad grammar, there should be something in there
contact the ticket agent via this information this is a well known part of the scam where yo uare directed to somebody else to add legitimacy
[email protected] Travel agent with a yahoo address
he has been my agent for well over a decade Trying to promote honesty and trust
now and he take care missing "s" again
ticketing arrangement to and again
the world,so
he is an experienced man.Contact adding legitimacy again plus the lack of space
visa,tickets
and working permit
to Usa
and gets back
to me via email don't worry about any expenses that this might cost you reassuring
i shall refund all expenses incured by you after you get here "pay advanced fees", it is known as advanced fee fraud :wink:
airport,i
i don't want someone who don't care about kid.
that Usa is a nice
access to study in school of what ever you fill like going to study
and for that it will only be for weekend only.Infact
i have a personal computer at home but my kid usually

over internet,I will
be making every arrangement for you of course he will, he doesn't want you to plan it himself because that is his whole scam angle

I wont go through the rest of it and you will most likely be able to work out the phrases I have not put a comment next to.

Some scammers do have much better writing skills but when you know what to look for you will see it in most emails
#7712 by The Enchantress Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:12 pm
It appears Robin Anderson is also into scamming with animals.

For free - read fee required.

Free to good home, Animals, Dogs Cities of Alabama.

He knows a few commands, like sit, stay, down, and he can fetch like crazy

For any additional information please email [email protected].

edit to add links.

Sensible advice at Scamwarners Here and also here Au pair/nanny scam advice
Last edited by The Enchantress on Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.