Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#404901 by Andy_J Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:17 am
Recently I have been contacted by 2 males, on different occasions, both claiming to have positions available in London and Scotland for Au-pair/TEFL teacher positions. They contacted me via my adverts placed on TEFL websites, as I have been seeking a new position as a TEFL teacher. The English in the emails from both the men are slightly questionable. I only really bothered replying to the one family, as the second family contacted me a bit later and they sounded exactly the same as the first family - so I was questioning if it was a scam. But both emails contained an offer for a live-in Au-pair position and offering very high salaries of 3000/6500GBP per month. They both write extensive, detailed emails and the one family sent me pictures of the "father, wife, daughter and baby." I asked them to video call, and they said they will do this after the documentation is complete. I also asked them why they couldn't just find an Au-pair in England rather than paying flights for someone coming from abroad - and they replied that they are able to pay the flights. I received an email from their "attorney" Lisa Bewell apparently from Home office UK Border. and on the form they stated that I needed to Money Gram 1000GBP in order to prove I can look after myself in the first month before I get paid my salary. The man also called me an hour after I was emailed the form, (he never calls me, we have been communicating via email) and he told me I need to send all the information back quickly, which included a receipt of sending 1000GBP to them. I googled the names of the families, which sounded like 3 English words that they just added an s to, and couldn't find much information. Just saw he had posted quite a few times on different sites looking for an Au-pair. Thankfully I don't ever believe in sending money to get a job, and that I have a smart friend who googled the attorneys address and found a whole page of scam notices.Also told me that attorneys in the UK don't have such domains for their email addresses. I will leave the names and email address/postal address below for future people who google search to find out more information. Obviously their names are not real, but they use these names/ addresses:
Family 1: Dr Betters Patterns Dwells/ Mrs Karterin Dwells/ Dwells Family
Address: 56A Kelvin Av, N13 4TG, London, UK
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0044 7418 348423

Attorney: Lisa Bewell
Address: 2 Marsham street GW3F 8AJ, London UK

Family 2: Evangelo Pablo Yesid C
Address: initially Columbia, but apparently now Scotland
(received same email from this man 2 times)
Advertisement