Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#354229 by Ana Laura Anez Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:09 am
So there is a family of dad, mom and 9 years old kid that seems to be rich. They contacted me after I sent them a message introducing myself on the Au pair webpage http://www.aufini.com and this is their profile https://www.aufini.com/en/family/aupair/denmark/246979/
On their profile it says they offer from 6.500 to 7.000 DKK per month and when they worte by e-mail they told me I will be paid 14.360 DKK per month and also 600 DKK every 2 weeks to pocket money and a car during my period living there.
Mail Box from Aufini.com
SV: New post
Received: 26. januar 2018
Thanks for your response. Your profile is really interesting on here. Kindly get back to us at [email protected] , for more information.

Regard

Jody

We love your response, like we said earlier before that your profile is so interesting.
We are Canadian Family, residing in Copenhagen, Denmark and we are currently in Toronto and going back to Copenhagen next month. We expect dedication and commitment for our child and would like you to become a center point in our family. We want you to be humble and honest and be able to take good care of our lovely boy like your little brother and get involved in our lives.
Note: We are under an Agency and before this placement could be possible, you will have to contact our agency Area Representative for a Placement match up.
JOB SCHEDULE
MONDAY - FRIDAY

The days are the school days, which you have to get him ready for school and pick him up at school and after he's back from school, make sure he does his home work and get him relax and have fun together as family.

Note: You will always have the weekend free , which you would be able to do your own things and there will be free accommodation and car for you , if you can drive and your room would be equipped with communication tools,such as computer and cell phone for you to contact family and friends.

HOBBIES
We like going to beach and cinema every weekend and church on Sunday and Daniel like playing video game, swimming and reading.
SALARY
$600 weekly, approximately $2,400 monthly.
$100 every 2 weeks for pocket money.

QUESTION FOR YOU
What are your expectations from this experience?
For how long are you willing to commit to a family?
When would you like to join us?
Can you drive?
Religion?
Do you practice your religion?
Residing Country?
Mobile number?
Allergies?
likes and dislikes?
How do you treat kids?
How do you want to be treated?
Once again thanks for getting back to us and we shall be waiting for your immediate response.
Regard
Christenssen

Thanks for your response. Daniel will be 9 years in few weeks and we are all looking forward to have a video conversation and interview with you. I want you to get back to me with the convenient date and time for us to have a video chat on a Skype. Below is my Skype ID for a video interview and agency contact information for a quick placement match up and contract processing. My Skype ID is ( [email protected] ) , when in contact with the agency let them know you are being referred to them by our family , membership# ( FAM 611112).

AGENCY NAME: PRO AUPAIR AGENCY
AGENCY PLACEMENT EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]
PLACEMENT REPRESENTATIVE: MRS JADEK

Make sure you add me up on a Skype with my ID above for us to start a video interview and you should contact the agency at the email address above for the placement and next step immediately.

We like you and we would like to have you in our family.
Regard
Christenssen

Thanks for your response. We can have the video interview at 8am bolivia time today. We would like to know if you have contact the agency for placement match up and the paperwork for you to be able to join us?

Awaiting your response.

Regard

Christenssen

At the begining of the video call he (the father) told me maybe the wind was interfering the mic so I could not hear them so we had to write... I noticed there were some parts of the video where he reapeted the same actions, like smile then look at the type, like if it were a recorded video and when I asked him to talk with his son he said okay but for a short time and when the kid was about to come the screen of their camera became black for a second and then there was the kid. So I asked for talking with the mom and he said she wasnt there.
IM NOT SURE OF WHAT IS IT BUT CAN PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME TO FIND OUT?
Last edited by AlanJones on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal details
Advertisement

#354232 by AlanJones Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:21 am
It's a scam.

The video you were being shown was recorded and looped, that is why there were repeated bits and breaks. The scammer also very likely has an African accent so he claimed that the microphone was not working.

There is no job, the scammer just wants to steal from you.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.