Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#335387 by Sasyls Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:16 am
Hello,
I'm new in here and wanted to know, if a family I found on greataupair is fake.
The profile is removed because of scam, but I was not sure if it is, because she send me her e-mail adress in the first message.
The Name is Capt. Jannie Chalrse and the e-mail is [email protected]
I'm totaly wondered by the Name Chalrse....it's never writen Charles..

The messages so far are pretty normal (I had a few Au-Pair and Nanny jobs in the past) and they didn't ask for money or everything. But now they want me to contact the lawer [email protected] and send him my National Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card, a copy of my passport or id card and my CV.

The job sounds pretty good, but not to good, like a normal job I already had..
I want to talk via skype the hole time, but she said she need Authorization from the military base (cause shes working there).
Can somebody tell me if this is normal or if this is scam?
I can give you more informations, but I didn't want to wrote to much, to lose the opportunity :/
Thanks for your help!
Advertisement

#335388 by AlanJones Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:26 am
Hi Sasyls,

It's a scam. Lawyers don't get involved in the process of getting people visas or hiring them as au pairs.

And a real lawyer would not be using a free email address like [email protected]

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#335389 by Sasyls Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:32 am
It's not for visa, it's for the paperwork of making this a legal work, so to have a normal job as a Nanny.
Can I get any problems by sending my National Insurance Number, Work Scheme Card and a copy of my ID card?
I could totaly imagin, that the attorney is maybe a friend of her or something and that's why he using a free mail instead of a official mail. And when she has no idea of how to make a legal jobplace, why is it so wrong to get help of a lawyer?
#335391 by AlanJones Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:28 am
I repeat - It is a scam, there is no job.

Any legal identification that you send will be used for identity theft.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#335392 by AlanJones Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:31 am
I'm totaly wondered by the Name Chalrse....it's never writen Charles

The reason the name is misspelled is because the person you are in contact with is a barely literate scammer in Africa who has no idea about real British names.