Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#334377 by WilliamWallace7 Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:34 pm
Hello everyone,
I would like knowing if there is anyone could help me to know if this man named Kevin Read might be a possible scammer who wanna defraud me. His email's address is [email protected] and in this letter he is writing me that his family his from Los Angeles with 3 kids who I'll have to take care of. I have met him on aupair.com and I suppose he is a fake. What is giving me doubts is his English and the fact that the salary he is gonna offer me is too high 15$ for hour 35/40 hours a week, I have tried to have a look into previous posts but I didn't find anything regarding him directly. I will be grateful if you might help me, meanwhile I am taking time and I didn't reply him this morning.

This is his email from this morning:

Greetings from Los Angeles largest city! Our family lives in the beautiful and historic Beaches neighborhood of (Los Angeles) - near to downtown, but steps to a gorgeous blue flag beach on the banks of California. You will enjoy this placement if you value outdoor time - lots of walking, playing in nature, hanging out in parks - coupled with the stimulation of being in an urban environment. We are on an easy traiur 100 year old Victorian home are a variety of yoga studios, restaurants, shops, gyms, movie theaters - everything you could want in a city.We are looking for someone to start mid-August and to stay through the fall, into November. Thinking about 30-35 hours a week, with long stretches of free time to explore the city. As the 3 old involve taking care of them 11 ,7,5 while mama rushes about with older kids, and helping with housework. Also playing with older kids while they are at home, and helping in the evenings. We would like someone who is fun, creative, alive, positive, kind and emotionally balanced - who gets along well with all sorts of people and who lives in a non-judgmental and open hearted way. Someone who takes charge of the kids - who can find things to do, create games and stories and projects and adventures - without prompting. Someone who loves to play, while also having safety and nourishment of body and soul at the top of mind.

Mama would love someone who enjoys helping her out in the kitchen from time to time, and who is extremely tidy. Deep cleaning of the house is not a requirement, but always working to ensure things stay organized and clean is part of our daily routine and an expectation of all family members. :)My kids Name Alejandro,his 11 years old boy and second's name his is Anderson7 year old boy.the last one his Joanthan going to 5 year old net month..I am a working father Working in my home based office. I am an author, therefore I write, but I am also in the process of having a big interactive website developed. This means lots and lots of hours to work! My wife she is away working 12 to 15 hours/day. Some friendly help would be greatly appreciated! You will be required to work for approximately of 35 hours per week. in addition a maximum of NIL nights per week baby sitting will be required. we will allow you pent of time to Study English at a suitab college and will help you arrange this.you will have most weekend off at least 2 days unless you have agreed swap a day off during the week for a day at the weekend.My location where We live city is Canada British Columbia, Concerning your salary you will be paid 15$ per hours working six hours per day received (450 dollar) per weekly (50 dollar) for pocket money which i believe is okay for you because i want good parental children caring for my kids.My kids love's playing games and the amusement park but most of all they love going for movies We live in a friendly environments with lovely people...... since you will be with them when they are back from school, you will just have to take them to movies occasionally,you are not to do laundry but you will bath them when they are back from school.Hope to here from you soon and tell us more about yourself with more pictures of your family...

Best Wisher
Read.s
Advertisement

#334379 by Bill F Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:53 pm
Yes, it's a scam. You did the right thing by not replying to him and you should now block him on aupair.com.

For further information on Au Pair scams take a look here -
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3019

Aupair.com also has an informative wiki explaining how the scammer will try and get your money.
https://www.aupair.com/en/p-scam-fraud.php

Good luck and feel free to post any other questions you might have.
Bill