Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#324954 by latifa91 Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:51 am
Hello !

I'm looking for AuPair jobs through the websites easyaupair & greataupair and I've met a whole bunch of scammers :!: :

- David Shaw [email protected]
- David Henson [email protected] (all email adresses family-easyaupairs.com are false and have nothing to do with the website)
- Alan G Hogan [email protected]
- Albert William & Barbara William [email protected] & [email protected]
- Christie Fredie [email protected] , and facebook account Christie Fredie

How to detect scammers ?

♦ Christie Fredie created her FB account the day she sent me an e-mail , all her FB friends were from Nigeria, none of them was from England

♦ All of them say they want to hire me just after I send a few details about me

♦ They propose very high wages for the jobs (normal wage is less than 100GPB/week)

♦ Some of them added me on Viber and wrote me from a computer, and not from a mobile phone :shock:

♦ They wanted me to contact "lawyers from the UK home office" via false email adresses like : [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected]. Remember official organization never use such domain names for their email adresses ! (and anyway a true family never wants you to contact a lawyer !)

♦ Some of them wrote an email supposedly from Great au pair from the email adress : [email protected] (which is false) , asking me to contact a lawyer for travel documents. Great Au Pair do not "handle registration and placement procedures" so if you receive an e-mail like this, it is a false

♦ True families always wait untill they know you better (skype interviews etc...) before sending you any contract ! A true family never asks for money.

Hope this may help you avoid scammers ! :mrgreen:
Advertisement

#333611 by NRD Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:11 pm
Hi,
On last Wednesday I registrated on greatupair and received job offers 2 families from UK who use a mail address in the profile photo but I realized yesterday afternoon they scam.

Firstly they sent to me " AU PAIR APPLICATION QUESTIONNAIRE ".I filled and sent back to them.

After that they sent to me 3 or 4 another documents any they want money for deposite.
They want 1200 GBP for process.
When I checked Google I came across this website --- https://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&p=314568 ---
Belive me so helpful for me and like other moderator said ; I said ; " I don't have money ,I don't like money things and I will not fill documents, by."
I cut the conversation and I blocked them.
I can say this ; in 05.07.2017 they use this methot ; they put mail address in the profile photo while they registrated in greataupair.I saw 3 of them on last Wednesday.

I filled and send " AU PAIR APPLICATION QUESTIONNAIRE ".
Firstly I want to ask ; Is there validity this form or serious document for me ?
I didn't send anything as passport, or bank account just I sent questionnaire form.
Should I check my bank account or what should I do ? :shock: