HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#407020 by HF21UX Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:37 pm
Hello,

I recently found a job application and submitted one to the Campbells soup company, someone got back to me on email saying to contact them on Whatsapp. I've worked at the same job for 15 years and I decided to look for a new one, so I don't know if that's the norm for things like that. They haven't asked for any payment information or personal info as of yet. Another thing that stood out to me is that they were using a Gmail account.... Not something with the company domain. One more thing is that the hiring manager kept referring themselves as "Mr." while I checked their linkedin it is in fact a woman...

So... I'm not so sure on this. I don't want to tell them to piss off on the fact that I maybe pissing a job away but on the other hand, it just seems so bizarre to me.
Advertisement

#407022 by Terminator5 Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:38 pm
It's a scam . No legitimate company is going to use a Gmail address .

Daniel 8 :25
#407099 by Terminator5 Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:36 pm
If you go to the legitimate company website at:

http://www.campbells.com

They have a careers page where you can inquire about and view available jobs .

Please post the email address and any other details these employment scammers are using .

Thx

#407132 by HF21UX Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:42 am
Hi,

As per your request the email they are using is [email protected] and they just literally created this linkedin which I reported as fake https://www.linkedin.com/in/colleen-patton-2760071a5/ as in it was created within a day when i requested it from "them".

After you apply for the job (I forgot where because I've been job hunting a lot) you get an email stating this,
Dear

XXX

Thank you for uploading your resume at neuvoo

Your application for the Customer Service remote position stood out to us and we would like to invite you for an interview via [WhatsApp/Phone] During the interview, we will explain more about this role, and of course get to know more about you.

The interview will last about 30 minutes. So please plan accordingly to make the interview time as convenient for you as possible, what is the convenient time to schedule an interview with you? kindly connect with us via WhatsApp ID# (626) 800-4757 to schedule an interview for a quick brief chat interview session.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Regards

Colleen Patton

Hiring Manager (Campbell Soup Inc.)
#407159 by Terminator5 Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:32 am
"Customer Service remote position"

Sounds like a Money Mule Scam . Thanks for posting to Scamwarners . Your post will help warn other potential victims of this employment scam .