HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#404581 by GwenR Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:11 am
Hi! I was reading this forum unregistered because I don't like to communicate on forums, but today I got a message:
My name is Brian, I am a staff of wisepick.org. I'm happy to inform you, that you are the 100-th person, who made a purchase from this page: https://wisepick.org/best-pillows-for-back-sleepers/ We decided to gift you any product on our site with a price below $990. For accepting this offer, please pay the invoice for $49 attached below. This payment will return back to you in a few minutes, it's needed for making sure, that it's really you. The offer is valid for 48 hours.
Best regards,
Brian
The matter is that I really bought a pillow from them, but the email he wrote to me wasn't corporate, it was just @gmail.com. Is this scam? If it is, how did they know, that I'd bought something from there? Please, help, I faced this problem the first time in my life! Thanks in advance, waiting for your responses!
Advertisement

#404582 by AlanJones Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:24 am
Legitimate businesses do not use Gmail email addresses. I would suspect that the attachment is probably malware or a phishing link

Edit: Locking as phishing/malware are not something we cover.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.