HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#396611 by hackman07 Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:40 pm
Hello it's me again I need to know if this website is legit according to my mother's emails her parcel is on hold and there are demanding $2,000+ as Insurance because the package is put into High Value Content. I just discovered this today I need to know in order to stop her again if this is another fake website. There two version of this site one is here http://surewayparcels.com/ but her tracking is not working there it only works here http://courier.surewayparcels.com. which is weird.
Advertisement

#396644 by Arnold Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:09 am
Domain:surewayparcels.com
Registrar:GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registered On:2017-11-21
Expires On:2019-11-21
Updated On:2017-11-21

That says scam. A website set up less than a year ago for the minimum period, by a business started 30 years ago. . No phone numbers or addresses.

Sureways Parcel Delivery and Couriers Services have been providing a quality courier service to a broad range of customers throughout the world since 1989

You haven't given much detail, but it reads like advance fee fraud. Your mother has been asked to pay $2000 while the parcel is in transit? What's supposed to be in the parcel?
It could well be the scammers she's encountered before trying again.

#396647 by hackman07 Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:49 am
Hello thanks for replying, the sender of the parcel is sending her i think money because she told the contact person there to get a portion of the parcel to pay the needed fees and about the sender i think she has a relationship with this scammer they call each other "love" I don't know how they are contacting maybe facebook. I thought she already knew the lesson after losing our former home and car because of noble express. Anyway thanks for the reply maybe i'll talk to her again.
#396650 by AlanJones Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:49 am
I'm sorry, but this is definitely a scam. Either it is the original scammer carrying on with the previous scam or trying an alternative approach or your mother has been added to a "sucker list" and is now being targeted by other scammers.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.