HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#390861 by Evian Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:00 am
Dear Community, I'd be happy if you could help me with my case.
I met a Tina George, 32 years old, about Tinder. "She" quickly wanted us to change the platform so we switched from Tinder to WhatsApp.
She told me that she lost her mother at a young age and her father died in Nigeria. She currently lives in ile-ife Nigeria, where she is studying at the local university. She has written to me that she will be there for 4 more months out of a total of 10 months. She wrote me that she was born in Chorpus-Christi Texas and is an only child.
She also wrote me that her mother comes from Switzerland, as well as me.
We have written us regularly and still do. After about two weeks she told me how hard she has it in Nigeria. In addition, her grandmother can no longer support her. And asked me to support her financially, which I did reluctantly. She didn't tell me any amount, I should estimate that myself. I then transferred her money via Western Union.
Now one day after she picked up the money, but had a fight with the taxi driver, because of further open bills. And now I think she wants to get more money from me.
In the time where I wrote down here my request, I notice myself that I most probably fell on a Scamer.
However I would like to ask you nevertheless for your experience, how I should deal with this circumstance.
Advertisement

#390882 by AlanJones Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:13 am
It's a definite scam, the only thing "she" is interested in is your money.

The best thing to do is to block her and stop responding.

Please post any email addresses or phone numbers that the scammer uses. Other victims may be searching for them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#390885 by Michelle Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:39 pm
Evian wrote: "She" quickly wanted us to change the platform so we switched from Tinder to WhatsApp.

This is a RED FLAG --- The moment that someone wants you to move the conversion to another platform (including email) then start to get suspicions ! - the reason being; if another person reports the Scammer's account as fraudulent, then the account may be closed leaving him unable to communicate with you.

#390939 by Evian Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:25 am
AlanJones wrote:It's a definite scam, the only thing "she" is interested in is your money.

The best thing to do is to block her and stop responding.

Please post any email addresses or phone numbers that the scammer uses. Other victims may be searching for them.

Many thanks for your quick reaction.
Before I break off the contact, I will have fun with him. I have written to "her" that I want to transfer money her tomorrow and on this basis I will strain and provoke her patience.
For your support I would like to show my gratitude and donate something to you. I would like to do that via Paypal. What should I do with the photos I got from him.
His phone number :
+2349075171322
Regards.