HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#383275 by Hoang Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:46 am
Hello ladies & gentlemen!
Please help me it’s a scam or not.
I met one guy in dating site and chatting. He would like to meet me in real. Then ask me to send leave request to address [email protected] for his leave allowance. And then I got the replied from that address. Contents is bellow.

Hello madam
Your fiancé leave applications is fast processing and rest assured that he will be allowed to come over to you for vacation and please make sure you take good care of him during his stay with you and now for final confirmation approval you will need to pay the sum of (763$) for his flight ticket and after the confirmation of the payment his documentation will be issue from the state and also send you his ticket details to you, after you got this message make sure you reply us back to give you the details and how will you pay the money here

Thanks
Chief commander in charge
Military headquarters California....

U.S. Military Chambers

I asked for pay 763$ For his ticket.
When I chatting with him on Line App, he said that now in Egypt camp so can’t access his bank account. He will pay again for me after getting out. He also sent me the pic in solider uniform. He also sent me his Us. Army id card .
I really want to meet him. :cry: :cry:
Please help me check it’s scam or not.
Thank you very much.
Last edited by AlanJones on Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity
Advertisement

#383278 by AlanJones Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:23 am
It's a definite scam, [email protected] is a free email address.

Also, the military do not communicate with outsiders regarding servicemen and servicemen do not have to pay for leave.

The best thing to do is block them and stop responding. Do not accuse them of being scammers, they will just try to deny it.

Please also post the details of the fake soldier.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#383283 by Hoang Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:57 am
Thank you so much Mr. Alan Jones for replying me .
I post his detail from information by the pic he sent me.

Name GEORGE MICHAEL MARK
BRANCH OF SERVICE U.S Army
Day of birth 2/May/1986
Lasted rank sergeant
State New York
Country United State of America
Sex: Male
Eyes: Black
WGT: 65kg
HGT: 5.11FT
Dog tag no: INF77032
Issue date :30/0ct/2005
Expiry date: 15/ sep/2021
#383371 by TheScamHater Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:36 am
^^^
That information is either fake or stolen. The person you are talking to is an impersonator who is using the good image of the US Military to scam your money.

Like Alan said, cease all communication with this scammer and be wary of internet strangers. They may not be who they claim to be.

Do not send money (especially Western Union Money Gram) to a stranger on the Internet! It's a scam! No matter the reason! Don't trust them!

DO NOT tell a scammer his information is posted here or you know he is a fraud
#422036 by ReBradT Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:31 am
Hoang wrote:Thank you so much Mr. Alan Jones for replying me .

Name GEORGE MICHAEL MARK
Day of birth 2/May/1986
Lasted rank sergeant
State New York

Hoang wrote:Thank you so much Mr. Alan Jones for replying me .

Name GEORGE MICHAEL MARK
Day of birth 2/May/1986
Lasted rank sergeant
State New York

This same scammer just done this to me. He got mad at me for not sending him a Steam card or my bank account or my social security number. He also tried getting nude pictures from me, and he sent me pictures of a military man and even a nude
#429965 by starwarsleia Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:58 am
Yes, it is a scam. I also corresponded with a man for months who also claimed to be in Egypt. Since I traveled to Egypt often, I went to investigate some details and immediately realized that he was lying. Beware, people..