Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#301888 by Ntm222 Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:49 pm
I recieved a letter in the mail that states: "this letter is to advise you that pursuant to the Department of the Treasury Publication 4681, the IRS is now permitting tax free debt forgiveness for borrowers who are experiencing a hardship and deemed insolvent. After review of your situation, it may be determined that you qualify for forgiveness of your debt under this Federal Statute.

Your qualification was determined due to the fact that your tri bureau credit report states that currently you owe a total of $7750 to multiple credit agencies and that you are late on a portion of this debt. Based on past results, it has been determined that you may resolve this distressed debt for as little as $3100.

Additionally, it is important for you to know that, in order to help you avoid any possible legal action from your creditors , which could result in, possible judgements, wage garnishment, levy of funds from your bank accounts or liens placed against your person or property , you must call prior to 7/29/2016.

For immediate contact and resolution of this matter, contact the department of advocacy services toll free at 1 877 218 3463.

Operators are available now to assist you with a more detailed explanation of the pending benefits you have due to Publication 4681. These benefits include , but are not limited: Complete elimination of credit card debt in as little as 12 months, stopping of harassing calls and collection efforts from your creditors and much more.

Failure to respond to this notice may affect your legal rights

Operators are available to assist you between the hours of 9 am and 6 pm."

I called the number provided and spoke to a guy named Justin York. The number he gave me was 1 877 937 9358, extension 117. He told me that i could stop paying the debt i owe which is around $8500 total and i could make payments to his company of 249.84 a month for 20 months to pay off my debt. Which would mean i would save about 4g in all. I agreed to do this and provided them with my info. SS# and banking routing/account #. He told me the monthly payments of 249.84 would be taken out of my account by "Prime,LLC.". He also told me to send any bills i recieve from the people i owe my debt to, to him and his company via fax, as well as any collection notices as well. The fax # he provided me is: 858 260 6181.

They have emailed me as well as called me to speak to them about starting making payments. They told me on the phone that the conversation would be recorded and i signed as well as initialed some documents with them thinking that this was a legitimate company and way to resolve my debt. After doing some research i have seen some cases where people are saying they are scam artists. Ive become suspicious that i may be in the process of getting scammed by them. I have not made any payments to them as of yet and am supposed to make the first payment on august 5th. However now im thinking they are scamming me so im wondering what i should do?

If you need any other info please lmk, and i look forward from hearing from the team.
Advertisement

#301891 by Mike Wilson Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:35 pm
Hello Ntm222,
This looks like a scam and you have given them access to your bank account. They also have everything they need to set up new accounts in your name.
You need to contact the fraud department at your bank and ask what needs to be done to keep them from draining your bank account.
You also need to contact the credit reporting companies to prevent them form opening new accounts.

The telephone number (877) 937-9358 has been flagged in whitepages.com as a scam / fraud..

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#301892 by Terminator5 Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:50 pm
What company name are they using? Try to get an address and company name . Without that info we cant even do a corporation search

Daniel 8 :25