Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#249448 by cnm12 Tue May 05, 2015 11:39 am
I am usually very conscious and smart when dealing with the internet. I was just blindly not aware of the fact that the "personal assistant" ads on craigslist are a scam.(you probably think I'm an idiot for that and I don't blame you) I replied to one of the emails, which I posted the context below; answering the information they requested. I later came to my senses and realized how I stupid I was. Today I received a check in the mail along with an email giving me a set of instructions. I have posted to emails below. I DID NOT DEPOSIT THE CHECK! I am wondering what's going to happen now or what I should even do. PLEASE HELP any feedback will help me out, I am a little scared and very unsure what to do with this check that's now in my possession.

This is the first email: Dear Applicant,

Your email has been reviewed and approved.
My name is Thomas Bailey, Business Development Manager at E & D consulting firm.
Brief Introduction of the Company:
E & D is focused on hiring and developing people who want to be the best.
E & D is located in five states throughout the Midwest; E & D lend valuable expertise and provide advice and guidance in many specialized

areas of business. Our Consulting Specialties span but not limited to medical, engineering, human resources, marketing and other

professionals.
E & D’s primary objective is “We help management make the big decisions: on strategy, operations, mergers and acquisitions, technology and

organization."
Companies engage our services to fulfil an area of expertise they may lack in their workforce.
Part of my business Development plan is the online employee scheme but I am currently away in Canada as a result of busy schedule, I will

be back in Three Weeks. Hence, here are major things you should take note;

Duties:
Administrative/Clerical duties, supervisions and monitoring. Scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with them. Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away. Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf. Assisting with payroll and monitoring some of my financial activities

Available Position: Personal Assistant
Type: Part-Time
Hours: 15 Hours per week
Days: 3 days per week
Weekly Pay: $500

BENEFITS:
• AD & D Insurance
• 401(k)
• Free Medicals
a) I will set up a formal interview with you and give you a tour of the Organization and introduce you to specific individuals you will

be working with.
b) You will begin your office based position immediately i get back to the states.

c) However i have a lot of pending assignments that need to be handled and i believe these tasks are simple tasks which you can carry

out pending the time i get back.
d) You will be receiving weekly pay checks upon completion of your weekly assignments.
DO CONFIRM ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POSITION BY PROVIDING BELOW DETAILS. DECLINE THE OFFER BY NOT REPLYING, OR SAYING NO.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM REQUIREMENT BELOW :

Full Names:
Mailing Address :
Apartment # :
City, State, Zip Code :
Cell Phone Number:
Current Job:

Best Regards

Before the check came I knew this was a scam, but I already answered the email above so the check was on it's way.

After I got the check in the mail: Hello,

How are you doing today ? Good to read from you and i want you to read the instructions below in order to complete your first assignment

DETAILS OF FIRST ASSIGNMENT
You will be making a donating to a Foster care , However, I contacted the foster care, and I was given the list of the items to be bought, the items are much and will cost a lot to get them shipped, so we have reached an accord, they will be getting the items themselves. So your first assignment is to get the funds transferred to the Foster home

Once you have the cash from the bank kindly deduct $300 for part of your weekly allowance the balance will come before the rest of the week , thereafter you will transfer the sum of $1650.00 to the information below through MONEY GRAM Money transfer services . The balance of $46.00 is for the sending fee

Money Gram Receivers Information:
----------------------------------

Name: Frank Fabian
City : Chicago
State : Illinois
Zip Code : 60621

Once you're done with the transfer, i will be expecting the information below from you

Money Gram 8 Digits Reference Number:
Amount Sent : $1650.00
Your Full Name and address as its appears on the receipt :

NOTE : I will have your complete weekly salary sent to you before next week runs out and I will be waiting to read back from you ASAP today because i also have some other assignment for you to do later this week.

Thanks For Being Honest and Active.

What am I suppose to do now?!?!
Advertisement

#249452 by AlanJones Tue May 05, 2015 11:56 am
First off, do not worry, as you haven't deposited or cashed the check you're in no trouble.

If it came via regular mail then you can take it to your local US Postal Inspectors' Office, if it was from a courier, then your local police will be the best place to take it. Either way, make sure you print off all the email communication to take with you and the envelope as well.

Also, cut off all contact with the scammer. don't mail him telling him you know it is a scam or making excuses why you aren't sending the money, just ignore all future mails/calls from them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#249460 by HillBilly Tue May 05, 2015 1:27 pm
also be darn glad and proud of yourself for realizing it is a scam before you cashed/deposited the check.

to expand on what Alan is saying , you can find your local USPI's office here : https://ribbs.usps.gov/locators/find-is.cfm if it came in the USPS mail. If you come to a page asking what type of crime you are reporting "Mail Fraud" is the answer.

Regardless of the transfer medium, print out all of your emails, texts, and other "proof" that you have for thinking it was a valid job. make copies for yourself, and Take the originals all with you to the PI's office ( or wherever if it is not USPS).

Please post any other information you may have about this scammer. His phone #, email address, # that texts came from, anything that other potential victims might be using internet search engines for will reduce the # of victims this scammer can find.

#249502 by vonpaso xlura Tue May 05, 2015 7:04 pm
Please post the scammer's email address and any website he referred to.

When he does not get the expected payment to the mule, he may threaten to sic the FBI on you. Ignore him. He's a criminal in West Africa and has no more chance of getting the FBI to come after you than of going to the moon.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#255510 by Guam671 Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:10 pm
Yesterday I received the same email from a Richard Hings about a job I applied to on indeed. It was for an on/off desk attendant position. I received the email from "Richard" in my spam. The misspellings and grammatical errors made me second guess his credibility and finding your post helped me confirm the fake-ness. Here's the email:

Dear Applicant,

My name is Richard Hings, Business Development Manager at E & D consulting firm.

E & D is located in five states throughout the Midwest; E & D lend valuable expertise and provide advice and guidance in many specialized areas of business. Our Consulting Specialities span but not limited to medical, engineering, human resources, marketing and other professionals.
E & D’s primary objective is “We help management make the big decisions: on strategy, operations, mergers and acquisitions, technology and organization."
Companies engage our services to fulfil an area of expertise they may lack in their workforce. Part of my business Development plan is the online employee scheme but I am currently away in Canada as a result of busy schedule, I will be back in Three Weeks. Hence, here are major things you should take note;

Duties:
Administrative/Clerical duties, supervisions and monitoring. Scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with them. Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away. Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf. Assisting with payroll and monitoring some of my financial activities

BENEFITS:
• AD & D Insurance
• 401(k)
• Free Medicals
a) I will set up a formal interview with you and give you a tour of the Organization and introduce you to specific individuals you will be working with.
b) You will begin your office based position immediately i get back to the states.
c) However i have a lot of pending assignments that need to be handled and i believe these tasks are simple tasks which you can carry out pending the time i get back.
d) You will be receiving weekly pay checks upon completion of your weekly assignments.

DO CONFIRM ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POSITION BY PROVIDING BELOW DETAILS. DECLINE THE OFFER BY NOT REPLYING, OR SAYING NO.

Full Names:
Mailing Address :
Apartment # :
City, State, Zip Code :
Cell Phone Number:
Current Job:

Best Regards,
Richard Hings

Thank you for posting! It really helped and I hope will help others in the future. I thought indeed.com was the best job searching website but I guess it has its weaknesses.
#255511 by Bryon Williams Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:21 pm
Please post the scammer's email address and any website he referred to.

Scammers will post fake ads on all job sites and online ads.

Meet your future employer face to face.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#255919 by simps214 Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:51 pm
Hey Guys,

I've recently been applying to clerical positions in the Metro-Detroit area and thought I'd post scams as I came across them. They include one from this guys from "E&D Consulting" (which is based in Yaounde - Cameroon smh). His e-mail is [email protected]. Beware!

I received the following e-mail and have had no further contact:

Dear Prospective Applicant,

My name is Mark Wilton, Business Development Manager at E & D consulting firm.
E & D is located in five states throughout the Midwest; E & D lend valuable expertise and provide advice and guidance in many specialized

areas of business. Our Consulting Specialities span but not limited to medical, engineering, human resources, marketing and other

professionals.
E & D’s primary objective is “We help management make the big decisions: on strategy, operations, mergers and acquisitions, technology and

organization."
Companies engage our services to fulfil an area of expertise they may lack in their workforce.
Part of my business Development plan is the online employee scheme but I am currently away in Canada as a result of busy schedule, I will

Duties:

Weekly Pay: $550

BENEFITS:
• AD & D Insurance
• 401(k)
• Free Medicals
a) I will set up a formal interview with you and give you a tour of the Organization and introduce you to specific individuals you will

be working with.

c) However i have a lot of pending assignments that need to be handled and i believe these tasks are simple tasks which you can carry

Full Names:
Mailing Address :
Apartment # :
City, State, Zip Code :
Cell Phone Number:
Current Job:

Best Regards

Mark Wilton
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Added quotation.
#256856 by kpete100 Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:56 pm
SCAM!~! BEWARE RECEIVED THIS TODAY.
Re: Temporary position - Receptionist
Inbox
x
samson wilcot <[email protected]>
5:40 PM (11 minutes ago)

to me
Dear Prospective Applicant,

My name is Samson Wilcot, Business Development Manager at E & D consulting firm.

areas of business. Our Consulting Specialities span but not limited to medical, engineering, human resources, marketing and other

professionals.

organization."

Duties:

Weekly Pay: $550

BENEFITS:
• AD & D Insurance
• 401(k)
• Free Medicals

be working with.

Full Names:
Mailing Address :
Apartment # :
City, State, Zip Code :
Cell Phone Number:
Current Job:

Best Regards
#258081 by Tim Atem Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:59 am
If these people tell you to return the check - DO NOT return the check to them. In the US it is a federal crime to mail a fake check (it's mail fraud in the US). If you have received a fake check you can shred it or take it and the envelope it came in to your local post office and file a report that will go to the postal inspector.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#259620 by C Brooks Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:27 am
< [email protected] >

This is the email that I received it from....

Dear Applicant,

My name is Mark Bowell, Business Development Manager at E & D consulting firm.

areas of business. Our Consulting Speciality span but not limited to medical, engineering, human resources, marketing and other

professionals.

organization."
Companies engage our services to fulfill an area of expertise they may lack in their workforce.

Duties:

BENEFITS:
• AD & D Insurance
• 401(k)
• Free Medicals

be working with.

Full Names:
Mailing Address :
Apartment # :
City, State, Zip Code :
Cell Phone Number:
Current Job:

Best Regards,
Mark Bowell

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 3:13 AM, Removed (BW) wrote:
Indeed Logo
applied for your Scheduler - Charlotte job in Charlotte, NC
Manage on Indeed
Schedule an interview - Reject candidate
Reply to this email to contact candidate.
By replying, you consent and agree that this email will be processed and analyzed according to Indeed's Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Indeed - one search. all jobs.
7501 N. Capital of Texas Hwy, Building B, Austin, TX 78731
©2015 Indeed
#259624 by vonpaso xlura Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:47 am
Please post the complete headers of the email from worksfineart.com. It is a one-year domain with hidden registration which was registered just two weeks ago and is pending verification of whatever hidden information the registrant supplied.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#259864 by queensea Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:59 am
i am so upset with my self i just received a email from them too and i replied because i was so convinced till i searched them up now i am scared they haven't replied but i don't want them to have my address and number this is the email they sent it from [email protected] i am beyond upset
#259997 by bonboni90 Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:34 pm
Ha! I got the same email, but from "Lincoln Fox". Fortunately, I recognized this as a scam right away as I worked with moneygram for several years. If anyone actually has a check from this scammer, throw it in the shredder. No harm no foul. As long as no one has sent money or cashed the check, all is good.
Here is the email I got:

Dear Applicant,

My name is Lincon Fox, Business Development Manager at E & D consulting firm.

areas of business. Our Consulting Specialties span but not limited to medical, engineering, human resources, marketing and other

professionals.

organization."
Companies engage our services to fulfill an area of expertise they may lack in their workforce.

Duties:

BENEFITS:
• AD & D Insurance
• 401(k)
• Free Medicals

be working with.

DETAILS. DECLINE THE OFFER BY NOT REPLYING, OR SAYING NO.
PLEASE CONFIRM ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POSITION BY PROVIDING BELOW DETAILS. DECLINE THE OFFER BY NOT REPLYING, OR SAYING NO.

Full Names:
Mailing Address :
Apartment # :
City, State, Zip Code :
Cell Phone Number:
Current Job:

Regards,
Lincon Fox
#260332 by krazykerahcaz Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:31 pm
Ah! I'm glad to see other people have had similar emails too!

Here's what I got:
Randy Miller < [email protected] >
Jul 6 (9 days ago)

to me
Dear Applicant,

My name is Randy Miller, Certified Field Associate with E & D consulting firm.
E & D is located in five states throughout the Midwest; E & D lend valuable expertise and provide advice and guidance in many specialized areas of business. Our Consulting Specialties span but not limited to medical, engineering, human resources, marketing and other professionals.

E & D’s primary objective is “We help management make the big decisions: on strategy, operations, mergers and acquisitions, technology and organization."
Part of my business Development plan is the online employee scheme but I am currently away in Canada as a result of busy schedule, I will be back in Three Weeks. Hence, here are major things you should take note;

Duties:

BENEFITS:
• AD & D Insurance
• 401(k)
• Free Medicals
a) I will set up a formal interview with you and give you a tour of the Organization and introduce you to specific individuals you will be working with.

c) However i have a lot of pending assignments that need to be handled and i believe these tasks are simple tasks which you can carry out pending the time i get back.

YOU MAY DECLINE THE OFFER BY DISREGARDING THIS EMAIL, OR REPLY WITH "NO".
PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM REQUIREMENT BELOW IF INTERESTED :

Full Names:
Mailing Address :
Apartment # :
City, State, Zip Code :
Cell Phone Number:
Current Job:

Sincerely,
Randy Miller
Certified Field Associate
------------------
So because I'm kinda desperate for money and a job, I replied back.
After reading the next email, I came to realize this seemed super sketchy and stopped contact. Well, a few days later, I got:
How are you doing today? I apologize i could not write back sooner. Just completed first phase of my cancer treatment which barely allowed me tend to my regular schedules. Plus i just lost someone very close to me.
Please find below details of the check payment coming your way which is your FIRST TASK...It will be delivered to you Today or Tomorrow via USPS.

Below is the Check Details:

Tracking Number: 9405501699320052885177
Amount: $1,950.00
Citi Bank Cashier's Check
Remmitter: JEFF MOORE

Once you receive the check, you are to get it Deposited in your bank account, it will clear under 24 hours. The funds is to cover your first weekly salary payment plus charity donation to orphanage homes. I already made contact with the orphanage homes but would like to make the donations one after the other. I have a list of items to purchase with includes, (Medication, Food, Clothing and other basic Necessities).
The items seem a little much and to save us the trouble of purchasing and shipping items from your end,
I decided we would send the funds to their matron to get required items themselves.
Once the Check clears,you get back to me so i may advice on whom and where to transfer the funds.

Thank you.

------------------------
After spending a few days looking up E&D, the names and everything else. I cannot find ANYTHING on these guys. At all. I got the check in the mail today and I'm gonna take it down to the post office tomorrow.

Edit: The number he is using to contact me with is: 1-302-648-2189