> From: chantell paul <[email protected]>
> To: Michelle
> Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010
> Subject: RE: Reply to your ad: CHARMING 2 BEDROOM FLAT FOR RENT IN
> OXFORD

> x-originating-ip: [41.155.110.166]
> x-additional-recipients-added: 1
> Hi,
> I got your response concerning the AD I posted on Gumtree. The house is still available but presently I'm not
> around.. I did bid for a portion of petroleum land sometimes ago in West Africa and fortunately I won the bidding
> so I have to move quickly down to Africa to have my company set up because I will still have to rebid for it in the
> next 5 years. I came over here with my daughter. As soon as i settle down here I had a thought of selling the
> house but later my daughter advised against that. She said we may not be able to win the bidding next time, in
> other to keep our head when we return that we have to keep the house. I reasoned with her and accepted her
> advise. If you notice, you will discovered that the price we are offering is far below standard price, this is enough
> for you to know that we are not after the rental fee but the absolute care for the property. I know there is no way I
> can be sure that you are the right person to live in the house because we won't be able to see physical before
> sending you the keys and the documents to occupy
> the space. But I just had a feeling that anyone who knows what it takes to put the kind of structure down should
> know that maintaining a building is mandatory, so if
> you belief you can take good care of the house and handle it like yours then I will be more than happy to
> let you rent the house.
> Please if you are ready now to occupy the house kindly provide the information below for record purpose..
> NOTE:YOU WILL BE VIEWING ONLY THE OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE.
> ********RENT APPLICATION FORM*******
> ********PRIVATE &CONFIDENTIAL********
> Full Name__________________________________________________ Home Phone ( )
> ________________________
> Date of Birth_________________________________
> Other Phone ( ) ___________________
> Current Address_______________________________Apt#________ City__________________ State______
> Zip________
> Reasons for Leaving____________________________old Rent __________Mobile Number ( )
> ____________________________
> Are you married____________________________
> How many people will be living in the house____________________________
> Do you have a pet____________________________
> Do you have a car____________________________
> Occupation____________________________
> Move In Date____________________________
> How long are you willing to stay____________________________
> House Address:
> 58 St Thomas' Street, Oxford, OX1 1JP
> Description
> this beautiful house!! Comes with ALL of the following appliances; front loading washer/dryer, stove/oven,
> dishwasher, refrigerator and a microwave. New carpet and a gas fireplace in the room. the bedroom are upstairs
> with high ceilings and large windows.
> Schools include Pioneer, Frontier and Union
> RENTAL FEATURES
> Features
> Central heat Fireplace Walk-in closet
> Family room Living room Dishwasher
> Refrigerator Stove/Oven Microwave
> Washer Dryer Laundry area - inside
> Balcony, Deck, or Patio Yard Cable-ready
> COMMUNITY FEATURES
> Garage parking
> No Smoking
> Rent:100pwk
> Best Regards
> Chantell Paul
> YOU CAN REACH ME ON THE NUMBERS BELOW
> +2348138048742.....

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#33498 by Michelle Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:22 am
On 6 Jul 2010, at 13:54, chantell paul < [email protected] > wrote:

To make payment you should look for the nearest Western union local agent or grocery store near you and make payment to my information's below and Once your payment is confirmed by me the keys and documents will be shipped out to you Ok.

Payment Information's :

Receivers Name:Chantell Paul

Address: 758 , Ring Road Ave

State:Lagos

City:Ikeja

Zip Code:23401

Text Question:God Is

Text Answer:Great

Amount to Send:400pounds

So as soon as you make payment at the Western union local store you would be given some informations,You would have to get back to me with the information's below.

Full Senders Name

Mtcn #

Amount Sent

Text Question

Text Answer

So go ahead and make payment and get back with the informations above and When i confirms this the keys and documents will be shipped to you.I hope to hear from you soon,Thanks God Bless.Hope to hear from you soon.....