Room for Rent and other rental scams
#232541 by Michelle Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:40 am
Date: 12/27/2014 10:43AM
Subject: HOUSE DETAILS...

Yes the house is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house now that we are not around. I work with the united UNITED STATE AID(USAID) Edinburgh Scotland and i just got a transfer that is bringing me down to West Africa.Myself and my Family just travelled to West Africa for the program.My transfer would be for a period between 3-5 years, so i would definitely be renting my house to whom ever that will take good care of it.

Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?
FEATURES : Laundry, Electric Range, Electric Heat, Master Bedroom, Playground, Car Park.AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher, Fire pit, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer.

Rental price: $700 per month and security Deposit is $700(Security Deposit is Refundable)

Utilities included in monthly rent Pets Welcome.

Address:2333 Surrey Dr, Lawrence, KS 66046

You can call or text me at +2348171702455

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW
RENT QUESTIONNAIRE

1)Your Full Name?
2)Your Full Address?
3)Phone Number?
4)Are you married ?
5)Age & Email Address ?
6)How many people will be living in the house?
7)Do you have a pet?
8)Do you have a car?
9)Occupation?
10)When will you like to move in?
11)How long are you willing to stay in the property?
12)Picture of the occupant If Available?
13)When are you ready to Move In?
14)How Many Months are you willing to rent?
15) How many months rent can you pay upfront? Minimum ( 1month +
SECURITY DEPOSIT ) or ( 2 months + SECURITY DEPOSIT ), so which option
do you prefer ???

Hope to read from you sooner with your information.

Jeff Tobaee

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement