Room for Rent and other rental scams
#26032 by Michelle Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:21 am
Date: Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 4:34 AM
Subject: Re: EUR400 / 1br - CHARMING ONE BEDROOM APT FOR RENT (75005 paris.)
To: Michelle

Thanks for your email and it is glad to Read from you. I am Rev james buckner ,the owner of the 1 bedroom Apartment you are making enquiry .Actually I resided in the Apartment with my Wife before and presently we had Moved out due to my transfer from my Missionary work now situated in the West Coaast of Africa and presently my Apartment is still available for rent for including the utilities like :- Stove - Electric ,Refrigerator, Microwave ,Ice Maker ,Full Kitchen ,Coffee Maker ,TV/VCR ,Stereo ,Phone ,Linens provided ,High Speed Internet ,CD Playeddr ,Cable/Satellite TV,Double/twin zip & link beds and a child's cot can be provided ,Fitted wardrobe, Kitchen Electric hob/oven,Kitchen utensils ,Microwave ,Washer & dryer ,Refrigerator & freezer ,Toaster ,Electric kettle ,Iron and ironing board,TV & DVD ,Telephone and Fast internet access ,Pedestal Fan ,Free parking ,Linen & towels are provided.

PAY FOR 2 MONTHS AND GET 1 MONTH FREE INCULDING DAMAGES DEPOSIT TO ONLY PEOPLE WHO ARE WILLING TO MOVE ASAP MONTH

More so Now, i went for a Christian Missionary Mission in West Africa and i will like you to get in touch with my wife in New Jersey, United states Of America for more discussion and Pictures as She is with the keys and the document to the Apartment.Please i want you to note that I am a kind and honest man and also I spent alot on my property that i want to give to you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute mentenance of this Apartment and want you to treat it as your own,is that taken ? it is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for check up which i do once in a while and give 1 month notice before i come for check up.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word. This apartment is for both short or long term rental

Speacial Notice : Pls note that there's none of us to show you the apatment in person,So we would have to send you the keys & Documents through DHL COURRIER SERVICE ON A NEXT DELIVERY TO YOUR HOUSE and move in asap. A refundable deposit is required.if you are ok with this pls Email my wife Jessica buckner, at ([email protected] ) and she will attend to you better. you can call me also @ +2348030538934...Also show her my e-mail address so she can really know you are from me.

Thanks and God Bless You

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement