Room for Rent and other rental scams
#176914 by Con Warner Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:48 am
Subject: Re: 369 Rumson Drive - Craigslist Ad

Hello

I got your response concerning the Advert I published on craigslist. The house is still available and it is a 3 bedroom. I did bid for a portion of petroleum land sometime ago in West Africa and fortunately I won the bidding so I have to move quickly down to Africa to have my company set up because I will still have to rebid for it in the next 4 to 5 years. I came over here with my Wife, we both built the house when we got married.. As soon as we settle down here I had a thought of selling the house so I had to look for an agent, after getting one, we made a deal but later my Wife advised against that. She said we may not be able to win the bidding next time, in other to keep our head when we return that we have to keep the house. I reasoned with her and accepted her advise.

So I contacted the Agent back and requested for my keys and documents. Later we decided to have the house rent out, we would have given the same agent this job also but the truth of the matter is that the agent would want to handle it professionally and the occupant may not be able to reason along with the idea. If you notice, you will discovered that the price we are offering is far below standard price, this is enough for you to know that we are not after the rental fee but the absolute care for the property. I know there is no way I can be sure that you are the right person to live in the house because we won't be able to see before sending you the keys and the documents to occupy the space.. But I just have a feeling that anyone who knows what it takes to put the kind of structure down should know that maintaining a building is mandatory, so if you belief you can take good care of the house and handle it like yours then I will be more than happy to let you rent the house.

Rent/Month:$700
Deposit Payment:$700
Please if you are ready now to occupy the house kindly provide the information below for record purpose

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF
Full Name__________________________________________________
Home Phone ( )________________________
Date of Birth_________________________________
Other Phone ( )___________________
Current Address_______________________________Apt#________ City__________________ State______ Zip________
Reasons for Leaving____________________________Rent $__________Cell Phone ( )____________________________
Are you married____________________________
How many people will be living in the house____________________________
Do you have a pet____________________________
Do you have a car____________________________
Occupation____________________________
Move In Date____________________________
HOW SOON CAN YOU HAVE THE DEPOSIT PAYMENT SENT___________________________
HOW SOON DO YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THE KEYS AND DOCUMENTS OF THE HOUSE___________________________
Rent/Month: $700___________________________
Deposit Payment: $700___________________________
You could give me a call as soon as possible so we could proceed.

Please note than you will only be able to drive by the house for now but not have a look at the interior until i have sent the keys and documents of the house to you...and the requirement for getting the keys and documents of the house is a fully refundable payment, which is the security deposit.

Please note that the deposit made is fully refundable should in case you finally gain entrance into the house after receiving the keys and documents and feel unsatisfied or uncomfortable with the interior, but i am giving you a benefit of doubt that you will love everything about this lovely home...

I Await your response so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys to you.

My cell phone number is (+234-706-882-6836 or +2347068826836 or 0112347068826836)

Best Regards
Charles.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#273862 by Bryon Williams Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:20 pm
> From: Charles G Agudio <[email protected]>

> Subject: Re: Application
> Reply-To: Charles G Agudio <[email protected]>
>
> Good evening xxxxxxxxx,
>
> My sons and I have reviewed your application and have found it satisfactory; “Congratulations" you have been approved as my tenants and we want you to always pay your Monthly rental fee on time to avoid any form of embarrassment due to how we found your application very satisfactory and acceptable by my family. so we would want you to go through with you moving into my house and get back to us on what you feel. Here is our cell phone number ( 0112348154707992 or 0012348154707992 or +234_815_470-7992 or +2348154707992 ) so as to give us a call now.
>
> We would like to let you know that the following document have been sent to you via FED EX COURIER SERVICE WORLDWIDE to the address you sent to us and the tracking number will be sent to you so that you can possibly occupy our house, Please once again, we are giving you this on trust and do not disappoint us and i promise you that, you will love the house. So here are the below document sent to you on behalf of my sons and i . you will need to provide to us with your secure payment to proceed forward because this house wont last long, if you don't act fast..
>
> We will also be signing on the Lease/Rental Agreement in a hard copy paper which she is to deliver to you along with the hard copy paperwork to your present home address. Can you confirm your mailing address (34 Good Ground Rd Hampton Bays, NY 11946) where the paperwork and keys will be sent by sending it again through the email so that financial auditor does don't make mistake in delivering the packages to the wrong address?
>
> Here are the contents of the document.
> 1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
> 2)Paper/Permanent house form
> 3)The house documentary file.
>
> Address to our house....29 Corrigan St Southampton, NY 11968
>
> So please do get back to me today so that I will let know the next step to take concerning the tracking number to pick up the package sent due to shipment of the keys and document sent to you and the payment of the house could be made Right away... I await your reply ASAP. Regard and God bless you!!! You can call us on how to make payment so as to have you the tracking number to pick up the Keys and Document to the House. Our house number is ( 0112348154707992 or 0012348154707992 or +234_815_470-7992 or +2348154707992 )so as to give us a call now.
>
> or you can indicate if you want me to instruct you on how to make the payment. Get back to me asap and also PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL ASAP...
>
>

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/