Room for Rent and other rental scams
#23392 by Michelle Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:45 pm
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 11:29:00 -0800
Subject: Re: Reply to your ad: Sheffield Spacious 1 bedroom apartment for rent
To: Michelle

Thanks for your email and interest in renting my Apartment..I am Rev Andrew Bowl,the owner of the Apartment you are making enquiry of…Actually I resided in the Apartment with my family, my wife and my only daughter before and presently we have moved out due to my transfer from my work now in WEST AFRICA Presently my Apartment is still available for rent for 400 Pounds Per Month(rent already includes utilities). More so Now, i’m currently in WEST AFRICA for an international Christian follower’s crusade....Pls i want you to note that,i am a kind, honest and trustworthy Man and also i spent a lot on my property that i want to give to you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this Apartment and want you to treat it as your own, It is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up……….I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.
This is the address of the Apartment: ( 96 Tapton Crescent Rd Sheffield S10 5, UK )..It has a Lovely home in a nice, neighborhood. is known for excellent schools. Conveniently located with nearby shopping centers, hospitals, free ways and public transportation. This is a must see. Amenities W/D Hookups Central Heat & A/C Granite Tiled Fireplace Ceiling Fans Vaulted Ceilings Cable Available Broadband Available Custom Drapes in Living Room, Dining Room, & Master Bedroom Blinds.
SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED IN RENTING THE APARTMENT I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM.

************RENT APPLICATION FORM*************
1)Your Full Name:
2)Your Full Address:
3)Phone Number:
4) Sex ?
5)How old are you?:
6)Are you married?:
7)How many people will be living in the Apartment?:
8 )Do you have a pet?:
9)Do you have a car?:
10)Occupation?:
11)When do you intend moving in : Date ?
12)When do you intend to moving out : Date ?
13)How many months or year contract?:
14)Deposit : One or Two month Deposit are required
15)Picture of the Occupant?

I can be reach at +2348022961927,

TAKE NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY DRIVE BY AND SEE MY APARTMENT FROM THE OUTSIDE AND IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED IN RENTING THE APARTMENT GET THE APPLICATION FORM FILLED SO THAT I CAN MAKE OUT ARRANGEMENT TO SHIP OUT THE KEYS & DOCUMENT TO YOU AS SOON AS YOU ARE READY. I WOULD HAVE REALLY LOVE TO SHIP THE KEYS TO SOMEONE IN THE STATE BUT I DON'T HAVE ANYBODY THERE RIGHT NOW AND I DON'T WANT TO MAKE USE OF ANY THIRD PARTY THAT IS WHY AM HANDLING MY PROPERTY MYSELF.
Apartment Address: 96 Tapton Crescent Rd Sheffield S10 5, UK
Monthly Rent: 400 Pounds
Pets Allowed: Yes
Available : Available Now for move in.
So pls get back to me today.
I await your reply ASAP.
Regards and God bless you!!!
Rev Andrew Bowl

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement