Hi roomie
How are you doing? Guess fine I presume.My name is ( sara badmus) am
very simply and quiet person to livewith. I love travelling,
sporting and enjoy meeting people. I don'tsmoke but do not mind people
who do being around me. I am cool,pretty laid back and easy
going person and like to have a roommate who is very responsible and
understanding. Am writing you in regards to your advert on
Craigslist.com and I'm interested in your room apartment, Am from
Canada toronto and I will be having some seminars coming up soon .
Right
now am working for a NonGovernment Organization on a programon
children with orphans and heart related probs.
My next program/seminars will be in Your Neighbourhood and I will
need a room to stay for these seminars, so I want to secure a room
before my arrival to the states....I can't wait to arrive to us cause
I've heard a lot about the state.......Moreso I willbe staying for the
period of 12-13 months, Pls do get back to me with the room
description,
1* move in rent fees for the first month, Utilities and deposit if included
2* Total rent Required before moving in
3*Utility Bills
4*Moving date
5*garage. parking space where i can park my car
6* plenty of storage space
7*E.t.c.
And if any picture of the room is available, kindly attach it with
your reply please.Hope to read from you. Have a wonderful and
productive day.Kindly Hit me Back
Kindest Regards
sara

Advertisement

by Michelle Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:19 am
The scammer follows up writing from IP address 41.184.50.218 (Lagos, Nigeria)

From Sara Badmus <[email protected]>
to Michelle
date 30 January 2010
subject Seriously Needed
mailed-by yahoo.com
Signed by yahoo.com

Hello roomie
Thanks for the response to my introductory mail,I really do appreciate the breakdown details of the room. I'll be so glad if you can reserve the room for me as i'll love to rent the place.I am a humanitarian officer involved in projects that includes orphans,orphanages,heart related diseases in children betweeen the ages of 4-5yrs.I will be staying for a minimum of 12months.
Am 30 years old from Canada toronto,I don't drink nor smoke but i'm cool living with people that do,no pets and no boyfriend because I am a very busy woman..I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and handworking people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5"7' straight. I always love to go on date but seldomly party. I swim for fun and sometimes play tennis.
I like the job cos we are working in collaboration with the world health organisation,hospital,health centres,medical and other health related instutitions,it also involves travelling which is one of my hobbies,I must confess i'm comfortable with the cost of the room and its quite reasonable and affordable . I will like to make the payment
for the first month ahead of my arrival, and then i will make subsequent payment thereafter as i plan to stay for more than 6months,'ve told my boss about this and he promised to make sure that he will meet up with the payment so that I can depart from here as scheduled.He also said I will have the advantage to make payment for deposit .I should arrive to US on before the Date 15ft of February, so pls keep room for me till my arrival.He also said my mode of payment will be the Most acceptable,easier,safer and reliable means of payment which is United State Certified money order so pls let me know if this mode of payment is ok by you.And if YES pls provide me with the following information to get the payment to you.Your full name as it will appear on the payment,your work place address to ensure delivery in your hands through regular mails or a courier service,your phone number on the package to avoid package missing in transit.I will prefer to send to your work address because you will always be available at work from morning till evening but if home address it will be sitting in your mail and no one will be at home to receive the package.And if you don't receive package at your office address then I guess your home address will be good for the delivery right ? But to avoid any delay of you receiving at home then I guess work address will be fine what do you think ? Kindly get back to me with this requested address contact information so
that we can proceed asap bye for now..

Feel free to ask me any question(s) you have okay...
Hope to read from you soon.

Kindest Regards,
sara
NB..............Here is my pic in the attach

attached is a photograph of a girl which has been copied from a modelling agency website

by mciswin10 Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:41 am
just got scammed by the same exact person, thanks so much!!!!
by CSAGER16 Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:58 pm
I CAN NOT BELIVE THIS LADY SHE GOT ME TO SO DON'T FEEL SO BAD WHO IS THIS PERSON? SHE SHOULD GO TO JAIL
by Dotti Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:41 pm
The truth is, we don't know who the real person is. We know that this is African, very possibly from Nigeria (if he is not using a proxy, the IP addresses in the header would tell us what country, and maybe what city, he is in, but it can't lead specifically to him.) As a general rule, the real person behind the scam will be a young black Nigerian man who spends his day at the internet cafe scamming people across the world out of their money. He poses as a female because a female character will be more successful in this type of scam.

The person in the photos is not involved in the scam. She doesn't know the scammer and probably has no idea her photos are being used in this scam--and if she did know, there wouldn't be anything she could do about it, as the scammer has her photos in her possession. Unfortunately, the way many modeling websites are set up, it takes a scammer about a minute to pick a model, save the photos to the computer he is using, and use them in a scam.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.