Room for Rent and other rental scams
#442897 by Michelle Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:13 pm

Hallo, vielen Dank für Ihr Interesse und schön, Sie kennenzulernen.

Mein Name ist Emiliana und ich besitze die Pelikanstieg 11 22527 Hamburg (Das ist ein Wohung mit 3 Zimmern und einer Gesamtfläche von 95,00 m² ).

Ich habe zusammen mit meinem Mann eine monatliche Miete von 850,00 € festgelegt (der Preis beinhaltet alle Nebenkosten).
Außerdem verlangen wir eine Kaution in Höhe von 2 Monatsmieten (1.700,00 €), die in unserer Obhut bleibt und bei Vertragsende vollständig zurückerstattet wird.

Ein paar Details über uns, wir sind Forschungsingenieure, die Immobilie wurde vor einigen Jahren während der Arbeit in Deutschland gekauft.
Seit ungefähr einem Jahr sind wir mit unserer Arbeit in Großbritannien umgezogen und brauchen die Immobilie nicht mehr. Wir dachten darüber nach, verantwortungsbewusste Leute zu vermieten, die sich um die Immobilie kümmern würden, als wäre es ihr eigenes.

Zu Beginn hätte ich nach Möglichkeit ein paar Fragen:
Wie wäre die gewünschte Mietdauer?
Wie viele Menschen werden darin wohnen? Und wenn Sie mir ein paar Details zu Ihrer Person geben könnten..
Haben Sie Haustiere?
Haben Sie einen festen Arbeitsplatz? Ich möchte, dass die Miete monatlich nach Vertragsunterzeichnung auf mein Bankkonto überwiesen wird.
Sprechen Sie Englisch? Es wäre einfacher für mich...
Wir würden uns wahnsinnig über eine positive Rückmeldung Ihrerseits freuen und bedanken uns vorab!

Viele Grüße,
Emiliana Galiano

Hello again, thank you for your detailed response, everything seems fine in your description.

So, the property is available for rent, our family feels very good there, the neighborhood is friendly, nice people, quiet, a good place to live..
As I've told you in my previous email, we no longer need the mentioned property, both our children are in school here in London, United Kingdom, most likely we will return to Germany only on holiday.

Because we do not have plenty of time to deal with renting this property, visits with potential tenants etc, I have decided together with my husband to hire an international real estate agency that will manage the entire rental process of the property.
I have already signed an exclusivity contract with them, also I have used their assistance in the past for other rentals or sales.
The keys of the property are in the custody of the agency at their headquarters in London, UK.
The commission of the agency is entirely paid by us, you will not be charged with any additional tax.

If you are interested in establishing a viewing to the property, I need the following information from you:
A copy of the ID or passport of the potential tenant/s (PDF or Photo)
After receiving this, my agent will contact you with information about the schedule when the viewings are made and also all the details needed, photos and plans of the property etc.

I am waiting for your response, sorry if sometimes I am responding quite late on the emails, my schedule is full with my work, children..
Greetings,
Emiliana Galiano

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this because you -have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement