Room for Rent and other rental scams
#439667 by MBaiter Sat May 27, 2023 1:33 pm
This scammer poses as a landlord. This is a excerpt from our email communication:

Hello Jane.

I have been so busy lately and I have no time to check my emails since morning, immediately I got your details I forwarded it to my lawyer to get the contract prepared The contract has been prepared, kindly read through, sign and send back to me the signed copy for my records. Here is my lawyer account details for the deposit of 1,000 euro

Bank name : Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA)
Holder: Leonardo Pinedo Lara IBAN: ES91 0182 1294 1602 0501 0073
BIC (SWIFT): BBVAESMMXXX.

I decided to use his account details because we noticed a lot of complains lately in sending money from Sapa nation's to UK this days. This might be the cause of Brexit . A lot of transactions has been hindered or delay lately and I would not want that to happen to you, so kindly send the money in euro to the account above. That should be 1150

Yes, there is a well secure parking space reserved for the residents.

Once the payment is made kindly forward the receipt to me for confirmation. Also, kindly write my name (Mary Black) as reference for the payment or reason for the payment so it can easily be identify. Will be expecting your response soon and do have a wonderful weekend.
Advertisement