Room for Rent and other rental scams
#439529 by Michelle Tue May 16, 2023 4:34 am
Johanna Claudia Hodding <[email protected]>

Johanna Claudia Hodding [email protected]:

Hello,

The property is still available.
My name is Johanna Claudia Hodding and I am the owner of the apartment located in Veestraat 4 5021 PR Tilburg.The rent is €580 including water, wifi, electricity and parking. As you can see in the photos, the flat is fully furnished, but can also be rented unfurnished. It has 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, a large living room and an equipped kitchen, 50 m2 .
I would like to know more about you (number of tenants, position status, exact date on which you want to rent out the apartment, etc.)

I'd love to hear from you!
Johanna Claudia Hodding

Johanna Claudia Hodding [email protected]:

Hello
If we reach an agreement, you will meet me at the property location and I will hand you over the keys, the contract, giving a tour of the property and explaining certain things, how the household appliances work. From how to get around to the best local restaurants. If you need anything before, during, or after your stay I will help as much as I can. I want to give you the conditions of a pleasant stay.

I can not travel to show you the property, that is why I pay for Booking.com services. They are managing everything for me and I have to respect their policy.
You can rent my property for an unlimited period. In order to view the property you have to submit through Booking.com the first 2 months of rental price + damage refundable deposit (which will be fully refunded when the rental contract ends). You have to pay directly to them, not to me. Only after your deposit is registered in their system in max 48 hours Booking.com will contact you to establish a meeting place with the keys and the documents. You have 2 days to inspect the property and make a decision, If you don't like the property you will receive all your money back from Booking.com in 24 hours. If you like the property then you will sign the contract, they will release the payment to me and you will be able to move in the next 24 hours or at your convenience.
We will arrange the visit and if you decide to rent the property, you must sign the contract of rent during the period wanted by you ( we will make a fixed rent contract regarding law between us ).

For the first 2 months you will have nothing else to pay, because once you decide to move in the property, Booking.com will transfer the money to my bank account. Starting the 3trd month, you will pay the monthly rent in my personal account.
I'm pretty sure that you will love the property, but if not, you still have the option to cancel and get your money back from the Booking.com Guests Protection, immediately.
In this way, both are safe.

In order to reserve the property, I need the following information (complete name of the future tenant; direct telephone number;). Also I need a copy of your ID or passport to complete all the necessary papers for you as a future tenant. After that I will list the property on https://booking.com/ and send you the link so you can book it .

P.S. Please bear in mind that this is a payment authorization and not a payment, which means, you will not pay for anything at this stage. Your proof deposit is for their insurance because their biggest concern is that they need to be sure you are really interested in renting the place and to show that you are ready, willing, and able to pay for the rent.

Would love to hear back from you!

Best regards,
Johanna Claudia Hodding

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#439530 by Michelle Tue May 16, 2023 4:37 am
Johanna Claudia Hodding <[email protected]>

I listed the apartment on Booking.com and they sent you the link to book it. Check your email in all folders ( see your Spam folder also ) and you will find it.
You have to login, choose the date when you want to move in and click next, fill your details and go until the end to get the booking code and payment details.
After the booking is completed you can view the apartment and have the option to refuse it in case you don't like it, but I will assure it is not happening.

Thanks and have a nice day,
For any question you can join with WhatsApp
WhatsApp +44 7846420588
Johanna Claudia Hodding

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities