Room for Rent and other rental scams
#438779 by Michelle Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:00 am
Madelaine Venegas Lopez <[email protected]> wrote:
Hallo,

Zunächst einmal danke ich Ihnen für Ihr Interesse an meiner Wohnung in der Thürmchenswall 24, 50668 Köln, 2 Zimmer - 67m².

Ich habe diese Wohnung für meine Tochter gekauft, als sie in Deutschland studiert hat, aber jetzt ist sie zurück in Spanien und ich vermiete die Wohnung auf unbestimmte Zeit.

Bevor wir weitermachen, würde ich gerne von Ihnen wissen, wie viele Personen Sie in der Wohnung leben wollen, wann Sie einziehen wollen und für wie lange.

Die Wohnung ist genau so, wie Sie auf den Bildern sehen können. Die Nebenkosten (Heizung, warmes/kaltes Wasser, Strom, Wifi, Geschirrspüler, Waschmaschine und Trockner, Mikrowelle, Kühlschrank usw.) sind in der Miete enthalten. Außerdem gibt es einen Abstellraum und einen Parkplatz.
Ich kann Ihnen die Wohnung möbliert oder unmöbliert anbieten - hier können Sie entscheiden, wann wir uns treffen, wann Sie die Besichtigung machen und ob Sie die Wohnung behalten wollen oder nicht.

Die Miete beträgt 550 EUR/Monat. Die Kaution beträgt 500 EUR und Sie erhalten sie zurück, wenn Sie die Wohnung verlassen (bitte informieren Sie mich mindestens 30 Tage vor Ihrer Abreise, damit ich einen neuen Gast finden kann).

Sie können sich darauf verlassen, dass ich Sie nie bitten werde, die Wohnung zu verlassen. Meine Tochter baut sich hier ein Leben auf und ich bin zu alt, um nach Deutschland zu ziehen, also werden wir Sie in keiner Weise stören.
Nun ein wenig über mich, damit wir uns besser kennen lernen können. Mein Name ist Madelaine Lopez Vanegas und ich bin 56 Jahre alt. Ich arbeite für das Innenministerium der spanischen Regierung in Madrid und plane, in den nächsten zwei Jahren in Rente zu gehen.
Ich habe einen wunderbaren Ehemann, Juan, und eine 26-jährige Tochter, Sofia. Ich bin sehr stolz darauf, bald Großmutter zu werden :). Ein weiteres Mitglied unserer Familie ist ein 8 Jahre alter Labrador, den wir alle lieben. Ich habe also kein Problem damit, wenn Sie Haustiere in der Wohnung halten möchten.

Die einzige Unannehmlichkeit ist, dass mein Job es mir nicht erlaubt, Madrid zu verlassen.

Ich hoffe, Sie meinen es ernst mit der Vermietung, denn ich muss einige kleine Opfer bringen, um diese Transaktion zu tätigen.

Vielen Dank, bitte lassen Sie mich wissen, ob Sie bereit sind, weiterzumachen, damit ich Ihnen die nächsten Schritte und die Lösung für dieses Problem erklären kann.

Alles Gute aus Spanien!

Bleiben Sie sicher und gesund!

P.S. Ich hoffe, Sie verstehen den Text aus der Internet-Übersetzung. Zum besseren Verständnis antworten Sie bitte auf Englisch, wenn möglich.

Madelaine Venegas Lopez <[email protected]>

Thank you for your reply!
You seem like a very nice person and I would be very happy to have you as a tenant! :) :)
Based on the advice of a family lawyer and given that this would be our first transaction, we were advised to use an authorized third party to mediate our first transaction. So, I'll be listing my apartment on Airbnb - the largest and most secure rental company in the world at the moment - I'm sure you've heard of it or used it at least once in the past.

For the next step, I'll activate the link to my Airbnb entry and make it available to you. All you need to do is make your reservation for a month. Airbnb will then send you the invoice and payment instructions for one month + deposit 550 EUR + 500 EUR = 1050 EUR. If you want for more months, I can offer you a discount.

As soon as Airbnb receives confirmation of payment, an employee from Germany will be assigned to meet you and inspect the apartment. The agent has the keys and all the necessary documents, including the authorization I signed.

At this point, there are two options after the inspection:

1) If you like the apartment and opt for the long-term rental, complete the transaction with the Airbnb representative, who is fully authorized and empowered by me by authorization to rent the apartment to you. The rental contact is fully flexible to meet both of our requirements. So if you want to add or remove anything from the contract, we can do it. I am a reasonable person and you don't have to worry about anything :).
Then you need to authorize Airbnb to release my funds.
2) If, after viewing the apartment, you decide you don't want to rent it (for whatever reason), Airbnb will refund your money in full, as the cancellation policy is completely flexible. (I'm more than sure you'll fall in love with the place anyway :)).
I hope you understand the steps of the transaction. They will NOT send the money to me, but to Airbnb. They can't access the funds without your permission, so you're 100% protected.
So basically, you have nothing to lose and I'm also sure you're genuinely interested in renting it.

This Airbnb transaction is a one-time deal. If you decide to rent the apartment after inspection, the remaining monthly payments will be sent directly to me. We will discuss these details after the inspection.

I would also like to inform you that a former "renter" let me fly to Germany for free and decided not to answer my cell phone when I arrived ...

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my long email. Please let me know if I can activate the ad and provide you with the link to my Airbnb entry.

Kisses,

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement