Room for Rent and other rental scams
#438504 by Michelle Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:45 am

Thank you for replying to me. My name is ZhiHong Chen. I am a 37 years old female, single and a non-smoker. I am willing to take up the room. I work on a cruise ship as a Nurse offshore of Singapore.

I will be living and working down there as my contract here is coming to an end that is why I am coming there to the UK. I won't be coming back here to work
But due to the nature of my work of having a busy schedule, phone calls are restricted except when outstation, I only squeezed out time to check this advert and send you a message so I won't be able to come for the viewing myself.

I would like you to calculate the total cost covering my first six months rent with a deposit.
Please get back to me with some pictures of the room also and your address for me to forward it to my mover agent to calculate the total cost of moving my stuff over there.

I have attached my IC to this email for you to have a view of me. Looking forward to read back from you soon
Regards
ZhiHong

This Scammer wants to send you a check

Make no mistake, the cheque will be counterfeit and any attempt to obtain funds from it may hold you liable to attempted, or accomplice to Fraud and Money Laundering. At best you can expect your bank to recoup the full amount when the cheque is returned to you Unpaid.

This Scammer wants to send you a check

Make no mistake, the cheque will be counterfeit and any attempt to obtain funds from it may hold you liable to attempted, or accomplice to Fraud and Money Laundering. At best you can expect your bank to recoup the full amount when the cheque is returned to you Unpaid.

If you are reading this because you have received a similar email, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement