Room for Rent and other rental scams
#437299 by Michelle Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:07 pm

Subject: Re: Anfrage zu Ihrem Objekt - 3 Zimmer in Bonn

Hallo,

Mein Name ist Nolan Ross.
Hier die Wohnungsfotos:

Hier ein paar Daten zur Wohnung:

Wohnung Adresse: Ettighofferstr. 16, 53123, Bonn.
Monatliche Miete: 990€. Die Mietkaution 2.190€.
Die wohnungsgröße ist 80m². Haustiere sind erlaubt.

Alle Betriebs- und Heizkosten sowie Kosten für Internet, Strom und
Wasser sind in der Miete enthalten.
Der Mietvertrag ist ein normaler und ist für langfristige. Ich bin der
Wohnungseigentümer. Ich kann Ihnen alle notwendigen Unterlagen zur
Verfügung stellen, um die Registrierung zu beantragen (Anmeldung).

Ein paar Fragen an Sie:

- Wie viele Personen werden in der Wohnung bleiben?
- Wann möchten Sie einziehen? (Die Wohnung ist ab sofort verfügbar!)
- Wie lange möchten Sie die Wohnung mieten?

Ich akzeptiere keine Zahlungen vom JobCenter oder Sozialamt.

Ich komme ursprünglich aus Großbritannien, entschuldigen Sie mich für
etwaige Grammatikfehler (Ich benutze Google Übersetzer, um auf Deutsch
zu schreiben).
Vielen Dank und einen schönen Tag.

Nolan Ross.

#
This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#437553 by Michelle Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:18 am
Nolan Ross < [email protected] >

Hello again,

As I said, I live in the UK and cannot travel to show you the apartment. I want to use AirBnb for the rental process. I left a copy of the keys with AirBnb and they will send a representative to meet with you and tour the apartment in his presence.

Here is the booking process:

1. I will send you the Airbnb invitation (link) so you can choose the period and follow the steps to complete the booking and payment on the Airbnb website.
2. After payment is confirmed, Airbnb will contact you to set up an appointment with their agent. In his presence you visit the apartment and read the lease. If you rent the apartment, Airbnb will send the payment to my bank account. If you decide not to rent the apartment, Airbnb will return the full amount to your bank account.

If you want to pay in advance for 6 months or 1 year I can make a discount. For 6 months you pay €2,400 (+ €1,000 the deposit) and for 1 year you pay €4,200 (+ €1,000 the deposit).

How much would you like to pay: €1,500 (1 month's rent and the deposit included), €3,400 (for 6 months and the deposit included) or €5,200 (for 1 year and the deposit included)?

I will pay the agency fee. If you agree, send me: your full name, address and telephone number.
I also need a copy of your identity card (or passport) from you so that I can conclude the rental agreement. Since we cannot meet in person, you will also find attached a copy of my passport.

Many Thanks.

Nolan Ross
81 Stanley Rd
Croydon CR0 3QF
Great Britain

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities