Room for Rent and other rental scams
#436724 by Michelle Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:33 am
[email protected]

Sorry for not replying on WhatsApp. My phone screen keeps freezing recently. I noticed it’s caused by low storage space, excessive app use occasionally or maybe malware infection. Technology is insane :(. We can keep communicating via email if you want.

I attached the rental application form. Kindly get back to me with the application filled for the preparation of the contract. The signed agreement form will be send to you first through attached email for you to read and understand. If you are okay with the terms and condition of the contract, you can sign the contract. You can proceed with the first rent to my aunt after both parties signed the lease agreement so that the room can be reserve for you till your arrival date. I will send you the original copy through a registered courier to your address for you to bring along with you when moving in. I have attached a scan copy of my ID.

Below document which I will be sending to you Via registered courier.
1. All the keys of the house,
2. Paper/Permanent house form (Containing your reference details),
3. Payment Receipt
4. The house documentary file,
5. Lease agreement form

Looking forward to hearing from you..
Melike.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#438565 by Michelle Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:16 pm
Clarissa Crawford <[email protected]>

Subject: Newtonstraat 24, 1098 HM Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hello,

Thanks for your interest in our flat. My name is Clarissa, I am offering a cosy room in our three bedroom apartment recently occupied by myself and my Aunt. She instruct me to rent out the rooms with furniture because she has moved Abroad to become an English and Pedagogy Teacher. I'm looking for a responsible person that will be sharing the apartment with me and that can take very good care of it. I want a flatmate and want it to be clean at all time(we can arrange the cleaning schedule). Each room is free for two years with hope of extending contract. So it depends on how long you wish to stay in the room either short/long term. Registration(Anmeldung) is possible.

Room: Is 21square meters big Bathroom ,a toilet, a large super bright room and two spacious foyer, where there is still space for storage/Cabinet etc… The toilet and shower(bath tub) are fixed together. The rent fee is €650 including utilities.

UTILITIES:
Phone/Internet/Cable/Dishwasher/Electricity/Microwave/central Air Condition/laundry/hydro/garbage disposal/dry cleaning/fridge/heating/Flatrate, WLAN faster than 50 Mbit/s] and others

Security Deposit is €1,050 Which is refundable during the departure time from the room.

The Address to the flat is: Newtonstraat 24, 1098 HM Amsterdam, Netherlands.

Location: The location is unbeatable. Whether you are on a bike, an open or a walk, you are super fast everywhere. Shopping facilities are nearby.

You share the apartment with me. I'm 23 years old, from Rhein also half American. I am an easy-going girl and like to meet new friends. Usually, I spend my daily time in Library from Monday to Friday, do some yoga before going to sleep, and meet with friends on weekends. Btw, I do not like to invite too many people to come to my apartment to have a party. Moreover, I have a high passion for cooking and love to keep my place clean and tidy. As I live in an apartment with two other girls, we are already used to doing some cleaning in public spaces regularly. Oh I also like traveling during holidays. Besides, I am not a smoker and do not have any pets even though I like them.

I'm a person with a very curious heart and mind, with lots of travel experiences. In my free time I do all kinds of stuff, Reading, but can also be massively lazy and just watch movies for hours :).

I hope you will promise to take very good care of the house. Kindly get back to me on how you could take care of the room or perhaps experiences you had in renting. I will also like to know where you are from and when you will be coming to the flat? I’m confidently assuring you that you will be more than satisfied when you get into the apartment .You can see the attached pictures of the apartment bellow...

Let me hear from you as soon as possible if you really have interest in renting the room and discuss on how you will take care of the apartment.

Best Regards,
Clarissa.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities