Room for Rent and other rental scams
#436433 by Michelle Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:31 am

Hello,

I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in: 7 Apsley St, G11 7SZ Glasgow . It have 1 bedroom , living room ,1 bathroom , 1 kitchen . Attached you will find photos with my apartment . The rent is 560 £ /month for the whole apartment, utilities are included . The security deposit is 840 £ , and you get it back when you decide to leave the apartment (you will have to give me at least 30 days notice).
A little bit about myself so we can get to know each other better.
So, I am Reto Fratschol I am 68 Years old , the owner of the apartment and i work in the software industry in the quality management department of a company located in Nicosia-Cyprus , which specializes in government software.
As for me, you can rest assured that I will never ask you to leave the apartment. You will have access to a very large and well ventilated cellar, where you can store things if you need to.
I would like to know something about you, for example, your occupation, financial situation, monthly income for people who will live in the apartment, how many people will have to live in the apartment and for how long do you plan to stay?

I hope you got a good first impression, and please if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Would love to hear back from you!
Kind regards fromNicosia - Cyprus,
Reto Fratschol

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#436461 by Michelle Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:41 am
Reto Fratschol, <[email protected]> wrote:

To make sure you understand my proposal correctly:

Step 1: I will provide you with a link to the apartment on TripAdvisor.com . My property is not enabled yet. You don't have to pay any booking fees, I will pay for that.
Step 2: You will rent the apartment for 1 month via TripAdvisor . At this point you have to pay by bank transfer to TripAdvisor the rent for the 1st month and the deposit ( 24500 SEK altogether ). After 1 month you will pay it directly to my account.
Step 3: Then in 5-6 days maximum I will come over to meet you , show you the apartment, sign the lease contract for how long you want to live in the apartment and give you the keys.
Step 4: In case you do not want to take it, you can cancel the booking and get the money refund (1 month rent + deposit = 24500 SEK ).
Step 5: If you decide to take it ( definitely you will :) ) we will sign a tenancy agreement for how long you want.

My intention is to prevent travelling for no reason and waste my time

Kind regards from Nicosia - Cyprus,
Reto Fratschol!

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities