Room for Rent and other rental scams
#436187 by Michelle Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:30 pm
Christopher Nikolas <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in my specious studio apartment. I formerly lived in the flat before I was transferred to Cardiff for work. It is still available for rent which is located at 21, Harrington Rd Kensington London SW7 3EU. The pictures reflect the current condition of the flat and you can stay in my property as long as you pay your rent when due. Here are the necessary things you need to know about the rent and security deposit. Rent per month is £950 for the flat all bills inclusive { Council tax, Electricity Water, Gas, TV license and Wireless Internet} also Security deposit of £800 and it's refundable after the end of your stay in my property. It is available for both short and long term.

Please, I want you to note that I am a kind and honest person, also I spent a lot of money on my property that I want to rent out. Am soliciting for your absolute maintenance of this property and want you to treat it as your own, I hope you understand that!!. I want you to keep it clean and tidy always and I will be glad if you are able to fulfill that at the end of your stay in my property, that is the reason I decided to make the rent affordable..
However, I need to know some details about you.
Can you keep my property clean and tidy?
Where are you currently located and what are your full names?
Your nationality?
Your profession?
How many of you will be living in the flat?
How long have you been renting?
The property is new and all the facilities present are all new so I am looking for a responsible and clean tenant.
I am reliable and open. If anything is wrong in the flat, I make sure the problem is quickly rectified. The property is furnished but I can make it unfurnished or part furnished if prefer.

Let me know if you have any questions or requests.

Attached are the pictures of the apartment.

Regards,
Mr Christopher

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#436190 by Michelle Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:17 pm
Christopher Nikolas <[email protected]>

Hi,

Good to hear from you, I'm very pleased with your response, and I will be glad to have you as my tenant. The flat is available now and there is no one living in the flat at the moment. The pictures reflect the most current condition of the apartment, deposit and rent is due as soon as you are ready to move in. The flat is a specious studio apartment, and you will not be sharing the apartment with anyone as you will be living alone and using the living room, kitchen, bathroom and toilet alone. The location of the apartment is suitable and easily accessible to all train stations.

My name is Mr Lamb Christopher James Nikolas . I currently work and live in Cardiff with my family, and before i can come all the way from Cardiff to arrange a viewing with you, I have to be sure about your willingness and financial capability in paying the move in fee on the same day as i will not like a situation whereby everything can be finalized on the same day i come to London for the viewing and handling over of keys.

Some prospective tenants do not have the money to pay the rent and yet they disturb the landlord to arrange a viewing and some don't even meet up with appointments thereby costing me time and income at work. Therefore, if you are willing to rent the flat and arranging a viewing you will need to review the contract form prepared by my Lawyer and if the terms suits your requirement, you will then fill out the required field and sign.

You will be making a deposit of the security deposit via bank to bank transfer to ensure easy refund if you decide not to take the flat after the viewing. Once the payment of the deposit is confirmed, we can schedule a possible time and day for the viewing cause i will need to take a day off work to meet you. If there is any changes in taking the flat after viewing, you will be refunded back your deposit which you have made. If you decide to rent the flat, the remaining fee has to be paid in cash before moving into the flat or by housing benefit.

Let me know if you are okay with the arrangements so i can email the copy of the tenancy agreement for you to review.

Regards,
Mr Christopher.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

#436194 by Michelle Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:57 am
[email protected]

You are to sign at the bottom of the letter and send it back to Owner for verification. Once you sign this
letter, which means you agree to all terms and conditions of this lease agreement.
1. Landlord’s name: Lamb Christopher James Nikolas
2. Flat Address: Apt.21, Harrington Rd Kensington London SW7 3EU Address:
3. Nationality: British Nationality:
4. Passport No : 800397936 Passport No:

#437158 by Jessica Martha Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:45 am
I got scammed by a person named Lamb Christopher Nikolas

Here is the initial email I have received after I made an inquiry regarding the flat in Kensington:

“Hi,

Thanks for your email, yes the flat is available now and there is no one there at the moment,.

I will like to thank you once again for your interest in my apartment,

Here are the necessary things you need to know ,rent per month is £800 with all bills included, like ( gas, electricity, water, internet,council tax ) etc while the security deposit is £800 also and it is refundable after your tenancy in my property.

The flat is a specious studio apartment, which is located at Aprt 2, 21 Harrington Road Kensington London SW7 3EU and it is fully furnished I can make it part furnished if you prefer, I live in the flat before I was transferred to Newcastle for work with my family, the flat is available for long and short term,I have permanent contract with the company I'm working with for now so you have nothing to worry about, you can stay in my property as long as you want,

But, that's if you can take good care of my property, I am a kind and honest person, also I spent a lot of money on my property that I want to rent out. Am soliciting for your absolute maintenance of this property and want you to treat it as your own, I hope you understand that!!. I want you to keep it clean and tidy always and I will be glad if you are able to fulfill that at the end of your stay in my property, that is the reason I decided to make the rent affordable.

However I will need to know your details before we proceed. Here are the current condition pictures of the apartment .

Kindly let me know if you have anything to ask and also let me hear from you as soon as possible cause a lot of people also disturbing.

Kindly regards
Mr Christopher.”

After this, he asked for both my partner and myself’s details including our passport numbers and sadly I gave it away because I thought it was legit. And then I got too suspicious already as there are so many typo error and wrong spelling in the conversation. And I had the gut feel that it is too good to be true. Hence, after sending a tenancy agreement with our signatures on, I checked his name online and immediately saw the scammers forum.

I am just worried that he might use our details(passport, names and pur nationality and our signatures) for nonsense. Please would you be able to help me?

I will attach photos of some other of his emails.