Room for Rent and other rental scams
#436183 by Michelle Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:45 am
Marta Serrano Gonzalez <[email protected]>

Hello,

I'm sorry to write you in english but i don't speak very good german, my name is Marta Serrano!

I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in Große Johannisstraße 155, 28199 Bremen PRICE €300 with (gas / electricity / heating / parking) DEPOSIT €800.

I am from Spain and me and my family recently returned to Spain, where I have found a better job and we have no plans to move back to Germany in the near future; we just hired some new staff and i'm in charge of their training, I'm a naval engineer and at the moment I'm working outside and for this I have chosen to rent the apartment through www.vrbo.com , since it is a profile agency; but this won't affect you at all, i can make arrangements to rent the apartment from here (on my expense of course).

First of all, I would like to know more about you (age, what you do, etc.), how many people are going to live in the apartment and for how long?

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities
-

Advertisement

#436360 by Michelle Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:01 am
Marta Serrano Gonzalez <[email protected]>

Hello again and thank you for email,

I've just noticed that my husband posted the apartment in the wrong category, so note that it's not shared, no one is living there at the moment.
As I told you: at this moment you can not visit because nobody is there!!! Second, I want to tell you that if you are ready to continue with this transaction, I will inform you about how this service works via online agency:

- I will register the transaction with the agency
- You send the deposit to the agency (one month of rent + security deposit)
- As soon as the deposit is confirmed the agency will contact you and you will meet with an agent of the agency to inspect the apartment
- If you approve the property, you will sign the contract and then you can move
- The agency confirms the payment

If you agree then you need to send me the following information to be able to make all the arrangements with the agency:

-Full name
-Full Address
-Email
-Phone number
-ID scanned
-Period of rent (starting date/duration)

Waiting for your reply...
-
YOU CAN FIND SOME PHOTOS BELOW...

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities
-