Room for Rent and other rental scams
#433641 by Michelle Thu May 19, 2022 11:38 am
Nolan Ross < [email protected] >

My name is Nolan Ross.
You sent an inquiry about my apartment on Facebook Marketplace.
Here is some information about the apartment:

Apartment address: Weiherstr. 16, 53111 Bonn.
Monthly rent: 500€. The rental deposit €1,000.
The monthly rent includes: electricity costs, gas costs, water costs, TV internet access, 1 parking space. The apartment size is 63 m². Pet are allowed.

The lease is a normal one and is for long-term. I am the apartment owner. I can provide you with all the necessary documents to apply for registration (enrollment).

A few questions for you:

- How many people will stay in the apartment?
- When would you like to move in? (The apartment is available immediately!)
- How long do you want to rent the apartment?

I'm originally from the UK, sorry for any grammatical errors (I use google translate to write in German).
Thanks very much.

Nolan Ross.
--
Nolan Ross
81 Stanley Rd
Croydon CR0 3QF
Great Britain

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this because you -have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#434571 by Michelle Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:18 pm
Nolan Ross <[email protected]>

Hello again,

As I said, I live in Great Britain and I can't travel to show you the apartment. I want to use Airbnb for the renting process. I left a copy of the keys at AirBnb and they will send an agent to meet with you and visit the apartment in his presence.

Here is the booking process:

1. I will send you the Airbnb invitation so you can choose the period and follow the steps to complete the booking and the payment on the Airbnb website.
2. After the payment is confirmed, you will be contacted by Airbnb to schedule an appointment with their agent. In his presence you visit the apartment and read the rental agreement. If you rent the apartment, Airbnb will send the payment to my bank account. If you don't want to rent the apartment, Airbnb will refund the entire amount to your bank account.

If you want to pay in advance for 6 months or 1 year, I can make a discount. For 6 months you will pay 3.400€ (the deposit is included) and for 1 year you will pay 5.200€ (the deposit is included).

How much do you want to pay: 1.500€ (1 month rent and the deposit included), 3.400€ (for 6 months and the deposit included) or 5.200€ (for 1 year and the deposit included)?

I will pay the agency fee. If you agree to continue, send me your: full name, address and phone number.
I also require you to send me a copy of your Identity Card (or Passport) so I can finalize the rental agreement. Since we cannot meet in person, you will also find a copy of my passport attached.

Thank you.

Nolan Ross
81 Stanley Rd
Croydon CR0 3QF
United Kingdom

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this because you -have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities