Room for Rent and other rental scams
#430140 by BierBrian Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:21 am
Scammer I came across on ImmoScout24, "she" asked for a deposit before viewing the house.
The pictures she sent me of the apartment are taken from the internet.
This is the mail I received:

Thank you for getting back to me,

The property is managed by Bexley Homes, a London estate agency, specialized in international transactions.
They will arrange the viewing, handle the payments and contract and can also help you with any questions you might have.

Here's how the rental works:

1. First you need to fill out the registration form on the agency website: https://bexley-homes.eu/register.html

2. The agency will email you the invoice for the first rent (450€)+ Kaution (400€).
This is just to reserve the apartment and not a final commitment of course.
Once you've made the payment, the agency will book the viewing for you, and within 1-2 days, one of their agents will meet you in Germany to show you the property and help you with all the formalities.

3. After the viewing, if you're satisfied with the place you will sign a contract with the agent and receive the keys so you can move in.
However, if you don't like the apartment, you will have no obligations and your payment will be refunded immediately.
The whole process shouldn't take longer than 3 days.

I'm paying for the agency fees, so there will be no additional costs for you.
Also, in case you're tied up in another contract and cannot move in immediately, we can arrange the viewing for now, and reserve the apartment for you.
Please consider my offer and let me know if we have a deal, as there are several others interested in the apartment.

Have a nice day!

Johanna Turner
Advertisement