Room for Rent and other rental scams
#429486 by Michelle Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:00 am

Hello,

I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in : Schnirchova 22, 170 00 Praha. It has 2 bedrooms, living room, bathroom and kitchen. I bought this apartment for my daughter during her studies in Czech Republic, but now she's back home permanently, so I'm renting the place for unlimited time.
Before we go any further I would like to know a little something about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the apartment, and for how long. The flat is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished and renovated. Also, very important, the utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spots, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) are INCLUDED in the price of 13700CZK/month. A security deposit of 13700CZK is required at the start of the lease and it will be refunded at the end of the contract (a 30 day notice is required). As for me, you can rest assured that I will never ask you to leave the apartment. My daughter is building her life here, and i am too old to move to Iceland, so we won't disturb you.
You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you will have access to a very large and well ventilated cellar, where you can store my furniture.
Now, a little bit about myself so we can get to know each other better. My name is Daniel Barker and I'm a 58 years old structural engineer and I work for MWH Global Engineering. I worked hard to have a good career and I really respect hard earned money. The company I work for they have projects all around the world so most of my time I'm traveling.
I have a lovely wife, Sarah and a 25 year old daughter, Maria. I am very proud to say that soon I'm going to be a grandfather :). Another member of our family is a 8 year old Labrador which we all love, so, I have no problem if you will keep pets.
I'm in Madrid/Spain now and I work for a new project here and the only inconvenience is that my job doesn't allow me to leave Madrid even for one single day. We just hired some new staff and I'm in charge of their training.
But this won't affect you at all. I can make arrangements to rent the apartment from Madrid (on my expense of course).

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

All the best from Spain!

Daniel Barker

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#429520 by Michelle Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:17 pm
Daniel Barker <[email protected]>

After you see the apartment, we will do the lease agreement for the period that you want. You can rent the apartment as long as you want. If by any reason you will refuse to rent it, I will cancel your booking on Airbnb and you get a full refund.
If you have any questions, please contact me on Whatsapp +34603221497

Best regards,
Martin

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

#436376 by Stepasek Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:29 am
Hello
I received a similar answer as I was applying for a suspiciously good rental offer.
It was an offer of renting a flat in Brno, Czech Republic. From email: [email protected].
Text of the email:
Hi,

I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in Vodní 24, 602 00 Brno. I am the owner of the apartment. I bought the apartment while working in the Czech Republic. I moved in Spain with my job, living now in Madrid and I will have to come and show you the apartment and sign the rental agreement.
The apartment has 2 bedrooms, living room, bathroom, kitchen and parking place. Is available for long-term, it's in excellent condition, very clean and fully furnished with all the necessary equipment and appliances.
The rent is 13500CZK per month (all utilities are included). A security deposit of 13500CZK is required at the start of the lease and it will be refunded at the end of the contract.
Now, a little bit about myself so we can get to know each other better. My name is Daniel Barker and I'm a 58 years old structural engineer and I work for MWH Global Engineering. I worked hard to have a good career and I really respect hard earned money. The company I work for they have projects all around the world so most of my time I'm traveling.
I have a lovely wife, Maria and a 25 year old daughter, Irene. I am very proud to say that soon I'm going to be a grandfather :).

Here you can see some photos of the apartment: https://imgur.com/…55b

I hope you got a good first impression, and please if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you
Daniel

When I received this email the advertisement was already taken down from the site and marked as a scam. Thank you for this thread. I sent multiple emails and I probably would not realize that scammy was this one without you. :bowdown: