Room for Rent and other rental scams
#428663 by Michelle Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:30 am
"Yvette Loreta Reséndez" wrote < [email protected] >:
Hello again,

You seem to be a responsible person and I would love to have you as my tenant. In my first email I forgot to send you the photos of the apartment and now I am sending you the link with the apartment photos:

Please excuse my long message. I hope you read my e-mails very carefully so that we can avoid misunderstandings as I was in Germany two weeks ago for a tenant who wanted to rent out my apartment. When I arrived I called him to meet with me. My calls were not answered and later that day he sent me a message that he didn't have the money to pay. My lawyer advised me to use Tripadvisor ( https://www.tripadvisor.de ).

I want to use Tripadvisor because it offers the assurance that the transaction will be satisfactory for both of us.

As this is a long term rental, I need to publish the apartment on the Tripadvisor website.
In order to start your Tripadvisor transaction, I need the following information from you:

Mobile number (Whatsapp):
Full name:
Estimated move-in date:
Rental period:
If I'm not asking too much, maybe you can send me your ID as well.

Once I have the details, I will register the transaction and provide you with a Tripadvisor link to complete the reservation process.
After you have made the reservation you will receive the Tripadvisor invoice and you have to transfer EUR 516.00 to the Tripadvisor bank account (deposit). Payment to Tripadvisor must be completed within 24 hours. The sooner you complete the transaction, the sooner you will receive a call from the Tripadvisor agent to visit the apartment.
I don't receive any money from Tripadvisor until you sign the rental agreement and move into my apartment. Once you have visited the apartment and confirmed that you want to rent it, the agent will give you the keys and you can move at any time. The rental agreement will be available in 3 copies and all 3 copies will be signed by me. If you decide to rent the apartment, you will sign all 3 copies of the rental agreement and 2 copies will remain in your care and 1 copy will be sent to me.
If you refuse the apartment for any reason, the full amount will be immediately refunded in cash by the Tripadvisor agent.

If you agree with this method, I am waiting for your quick response and I will finalize the transaction.

PS If you have no money or if you don't want to use Tripadvisor please don't send me any information about you.

Stay healthy.
Kind regards.
Dr. Yvette Loreta Reséndez

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement