Room for Rent and other rental scams
#428594 by Michelle Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:25 pm

Thanks for your interest in my house, Yes it came furnished and with the washing machine, I decided to rent the house because I am working as Architecture and got a contract to work in Stratford so I will spend more time here, due to the nature of my job I will be here for about 3 years. Let me start by introducing myself, I'm a clean freak, I keep my house clean, and yet I decided to rent the house to a responsible tenant who could take very good care of it because I wasn't after money. I want it to always be clean and tidy.
Utilities are included in the rent.

Pets are allowed as long as they are nice and not destructive.

Address: 55 Hohenzollernstraße, 80796 München, Germany.

Rent: €650 All bills is included in the rent

Security deposit: €600 refundable after your stay in the flat.

Minimum Stay: 1 Month

Maximum length of stay: 1 year with the option to extend the contract.

Two to three people can be accommodated in the apartment.

Please, I want you to note that I am a kind and honest person, and that I spend a lot of money on my property that I want to rent.

I request the absolute maintenance of this Circle and I want you to treat it as your own, I hope you understand this !!.

keep it clean and tidy at all times and I would appreciate it if you can achieve this by the end of your stay in my apartment, so I decided to make the rent affordable ..

Could you kindly answer the questions below?

Where are you currently located and what is your full name?

Your nationality?

Your WhatsApp number if you have one?

your job?

How long have you been renting?

Let me know how quickly you want to move out, as I will decide soon who to rent my flat. Thank you for your interest.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#428806 by medeaclitemnestra Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:42 am
The same identical email was sent to me for an apartment in Turin, via Cernaia 36. They also sent me some pictures of the apartment which were obviously taken outside of Italy; it took me like 3 minutes to search them on Google and find out that they were taken from an ad for a house in Maastricht. This is the content of the email:

«Thanks for your interest regarding my house, Yes it come furnished and it is with washing Machine as well, I have decided to rent the house because I work as an Architecture too and just got a contract to work on in Stratford so i am going to spend more time here , I will be here for about 3 years due to the nature of my job. Let me start by introducing myself, I am a neat freak,I keep my house clean and However, I have decided to rent the house out myself to a responsible tenant that can take very good care of it as i am not after the money, I want it to be clean and tidy at all time.

Pets are allowed as long as they are well behaved and not destructive.

Address- Via Cernaia, 36, 10122 Torino TO, Italy

Rent: €400 All bills is included in the rent

Security deposit: €500 refundable after your stay in the flat.
Minimum Stay: 1 Month(s)
Maximum stay:1 yr with the option of extending the contract.
Two to three people can stay at the flat.
Please, i want you to note that i am a kind and honest person,also i spent a lot of money on my property that i want to rent out.

Am soliciting for your absolute maintenance of this Flat and want you to treat it as your own,I hope you understand that!!.I want you to

keep it clean and tidy always and I will be glad if you are able to fulfill that at the end of your stay in my flat,that is the reason i decided making the rent affordable..

Can you kindly answer these following questions:

Where are you currently located and what are your full names?

Your nationality?

Your profession?

How long have you been renting ?

Let me know how soon you are willing to move in, as I am deciding soon on who to lease my flat too. Thanks for your interest»

After this, they wrote me «Good to hear from you with all your details, I will be happy to have someone like you as my tenant and before i can come all the way from Stratford or secure the flat for you, i have to be sure about your willingness and financial capability in paying the move in fee on same day as I will like a situation whereby everything can be finalized on the same day i come to Torino for the viewing and handing over the keys. Therefore, if you are willing to rent and secure the flat for your date ,you will need to review the contract form, if the terms suits your requirements, you will then fill out the required field and sign, make a deposit of refundable security deposit via bank to bank transfer to ensure easy refund if you eventually decide not to take the flat after seeing it, once it is confirmed paid, thereafter we can schedule a possible time for the viewing. If there is any changes in taking the flat after viewing, you will be refunded back your deposit which you have made, upon taking the flat, the remaining fee has to be paid in cash before moving into the flat. Let me know if you are okay with the arrangements so i can email the copy of tenancy agreement for you to review.»

Their phone number is +905466830426
#429196 by Pannekoek Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:38 pm
I got the same email about an apartment in Rotterdam.
It was immediately suspicious as the price was way below market rates, and the address provided (Weena 111) is not even an apartment but a commercial lot.
When checking the ownership details, it was not registered to an Ismail Cakir. Okay, could be a typo or maybe he doesn't yet want to give the exact address but just a neighboring one. So I checked in the database on his name. Turns out there are 3 people named Ismail Cakir in NL, but none of them own properties in Rotterdam.

Here is the email:
Thanks for your interest regarding my house, Yes it come furnished and it is with washing Machine as well, I have decided to rent the house because I work as an Architecture and just got a contract to work on in Stratford so i am going to spend more time here , I will be here for about 3 years due to the nature of my job. Let me start by introducing myself, I am a neat freak,I keep my house clean and However, I have decided to rent the house out myself to a responsible tenant that can take very good care of it as i am not after the money, I want it to be clean and tidy at all time. Utilities are included in the rent.

Address: Weena 111, 3013 CH Rotterdam, Netherlands

Rent: €650 All bills is included in the rent

Security deposit: €600 refundable after your stay in the flat.

Two to three people can stay at the flat.

Please, i want you to note that i am a kind and honest person,also i spent a lot of money on my property that i want to rent out.

Am soliciting for your absolute maintenance of this Flat and want you to treat it as your own,I hope you understand that!!.I want you to

keep it clean and tidy always and I will be glad if you are able to fulfill that at the end of your stay in my flat,that is the reason i decided making the rent affordable..

Your nationality?

Your profession?

Let me know how soon you are willing to move in, as I am deciding soon on who to lease my flat too. Thanks for your interest.
#433469 by Sista_G Sun May 15, 2022 7:43 am
The same happened to me for a (furnished) apartment in Athens. (Filis st. 217)

he has a new email address, which is : [email protected]

the apartment was posted in the marketplace of facebook.
he blocked my profile, but that's is his profile page : https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002687188074
#435766 by zwjt Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:50 am
I also received the exact same one today. He now has a Facebook account called [Removed - AJ] to post rental information at 40 Tweede Boerhaavestraat 1091 CH Amsterdam Netherlands, and the rent is 800 euros. The email he uses is [email protected]

[Removed - AJ]

content of email

Thanks for your interest regarding my house, Yes it come furnished and it is with washing Machine as well, I have decided to rent the house because I work as an Architecture and just got a contract to work on in Stratford so i am going to spend more time here , I will be here for about 3 years due to the nature of my job. Let me start by introducing myself, I am a neat freak,I keep my house clean and However, I have decided to rent the house out myself to a responsible tenant that can take very good care of it as i am not after the money, I want it to be clean and tidy at all time.

Address: 40 Tweede Boerhaavestraat 1091 CH Amsterdam Netherlands

Rent - €800 All bills is included in the rent

Security deposit - €600 refundable after your stay in the flat.

Your nationality?

Your profession?

Let me know how soon you are willing to move in, as I am deciding soon on who to lease my flat too. Thanks for your interest
Last edited by AlanJones on Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed FB details - no evidence of use in the scam
#440116 by Mike Liggins Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:44 am
[email protected]

Thanks for your interest in my house, Yes it came furnished and with the washing machine, I decided to rent the house because I am working as Architecture and got a contract to work in Stratford so I will spend more time here, due to the nature of my job I will be here for about 3 years. Let me start by introducing myself, l'm a clean freak, I keep my house clean, and yet I decided to rent the house to a responsible tenant who could take very good care of it because I wasn't after money. I want it to always be clean and tidy.
Pets are allowed as long as they are nice and not destructive.
Address: Via Domenico Scarlatti, 30, 20124 Milano MI,
Italy
Rent: €700 All bills is included in the rent
Security deposit:€700 refundable after your stay in the flat.