Room for Rent and other rental scams
#426407 by Michelle Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:10 am

Hello,

I have read your message that you want to rent my apartment at Kölner Str. 49 60327 Frankfurt am Main.
The apartment is fully furnished and in very good condition. as shown in the photos. (45 sqm living space in total). You can use my furniture or you can bring your own furniture if you want (there is enough space in the basement for storage). The rental price is 520 EUR, including all ancillary costs. The deposit costs EUR 1040 and you get the deposit back after leaving the apartment.
I would like to know how many people you would like to share the apartment with and for how long? Any other information about you is welcome.
If you need more information, feel free to ask me!

All the best,
Pfeffer Karina Christa

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#426408 by Michelle Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:12 am
Pfeffer Karina Christa <[email protected]>

Hello again,

Thank you for your interest in my apartment. Now about me: My name is Pfeffer Karina Christa and I am studying medicine at the University of Cambridge in the UK. In my spare time I do volunteer work here in a local hospital.

I inherited this apartment after my parents were killed in a terrible accident a few years ago. From that moment on, I realized that I had to study medicine to help other people.
I don't plan to return to Germany during my studies, so I want to rent my apartment. It will take about 10 years or more.

I think you are watching TV and news that made me a little scared about this COVID-19. Therefore we should follow the instructions and avoid contact with strangers.

For this reason, and because I am now in the UK, a prior visit is not possible, but HomeAway allows us to guarantee the entire transaction between us.
HomeAway now owns the keys and all documents. They will give you the keys and sign the rental agreement between you and me.

I am waiting for your email with your information to process your HomeAway documents:

Full name:
Address:
City:
Postalcode:
Date of birth:
The date you want to move into the apartment:
The rental period you want to stay:
Copy of identity card:
Phone:
E-mail:

In this email you will find some pictures of me and my parents as well as a copy of my identity card.

Greetings,
Pepper Karina Christa

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities