Room for Rent and other rental scams
#424501 by Michelle Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:49 am
Gabriela Rucken <[email protected]>

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
The apartment is available for a long-term rental and is exactly as you can see in the pictures, so you can rent as long as you want. There will be a regular contract between us. You will have a completed residence registration form, signed by me. The registration at the address is possible.
As I said in my previous email, I live in Madrid and will have to come and show you the apartment and sign the rental agreement.
After moving to Madrid, we started renting the apartment through Airbnb.com, but it has been quite a hard time for me to come often and check everything, so I decided to rent the apartment for long terms. Airbnb provides an online platform that connects hosts who have accommodations to rent with guests seeking to rent such accommodations. I am Airbnb member since 2015 with good reviews.
Like any other transactions on Airbnb, they will handle the payment and it will be released to me only after you check in. By any chance the apartment would not suit you, you have the option to cancel the reservation and get full refund.
After you confirm the booking and payment to Airbnb, I will come as soon as possible back to sort out the lease. I use Airbnb because the owner of the property is covered by Airbnb policies.

If everything sounds good to you, I will start the transaction with Airbnb. I will need your full name, your actual address, phone number, the date you want to move in and the maximum estimated period of your staying.

Best regards,
Gabriela

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this because you -have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement