Room for Rent and other rental scams
#421867 by Michelle Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:18 pm
Helen Brindley < [email protected] > wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks for your interest.
The apartment has a living space of 58 m², 1 bedroom, is fully furnished and has been recently renovated.

The property can also be rented unfurnished, in which case I will take care of the removal and storage of the furniture.
The apartment has air conditioning, stove, fridge / freezer, washing machine, LED TV every room, vacuum cleaner etc.
The additional costs (water, heating, electricity) are already included in the rent of € 400 and are automatically paid monthly from my account.
I have decided to keep the rent of this apartment affordable as it is not my main source of income and I am aware
how overpriced real estate in Germany is. My priority is not to make huge profits, but to find a nice tenant to take care of the apartment.
The deposit of € 400 will be refunded to you when you move out (a 30-day notice period is required).
Pets are allowed provided they do not cause serious damage.

Now a little bit about myself: My name is Helen Brindley and I am from Great Britain.
I bought and renovated the apartment while living and working in Germany for a year and a half in 2017.
Now I'm permanently back in England, so I'm looking for a reliable tenant. A long-term contract would be best, but it doesn't have to be that way.
Unfortunately, for professional and health reasons, I will no longer be able to travel abroad in the next few months. That's why I have a real estate agency
with extensive experience in the field of international rentals assigned to handle the whole process. I will pay all of the costs for this.
So, if you like that, let me know how many people you intend to move in with and for how long.
I would also be very happy to receive more information about you personally.
You can answer in English or German.

Best regards,

Helen Brindley

Helen Brindley < [email protected] > wrote:
Thank you for your response,

The property is managed by Windsor Homes, a local real estate company specializing in international transactions. Your website is: www.windsor-homes.co.uk .
She will arrange a viewing appointment with you and handle the payment and the contract.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact them anytime as I may not always be available. You can find the details on the "Contact Us" page on their website.

And this is how the rental works:

1. First you have to contact the agency at: www.windsor-homes.co.uk/register.html by entering your personal information in the form.
2. I leave two sets of keys and the necessary papers in their office.
3. The agency will send you the invoice for the first rent (€ 400) and the deposit (€ 400) by email.
This is only a reservation of the property and of course not a final commitment.
As soon as the payment has been made, the agency will arrange a viewing appointment with you and within one to two days you can meet a broker in Germany,
who shows you the property and helps you with the formalities.
4. After the viewing, if you are satisfied with the apartment, sign the contract with the agent, receive the keys and can move in.
If for any reason you do not like the apartment, you have no obligations and the agency will immediately refund you in full.
The whole procedure should not take more than three days to complete.

I pay for the agency's services so there are no additional costs for you.
If you are currently bound by another contract and cannot move in immediately, we can now arrange a viewing and reserve the apartment for you.
Since we cannot meet you personally, you will find a copy of my passport attached so that you have a reference from your potential landlord.
Please consider my offer and let me know if we are in business as there are other interested parties and I have to make a decision.

Have a nice day!

-------------------------------------------------- --------------
Helen Brindley

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement