Room for Rent and other rental scams
#421682 by Michelle Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:15 am
[email protected]

We are sorry for the late response. We are Rolf & Antoinette. Travel and holidays are a big part of our lives. We love the mountains and skiing and last year we moved to Haute Nendaz, Switzerland. We own a chalet, which at the moment is our main source of income. It was pretty hard, we were very close to giving up but in the end we made it.

At first, the apartment was on sale. Being not very profitable and after further discussion with my husband we decided to rent it. The apartment's address is: Paterswoldseweg 50, 9726BG Groningen. The monthly rent is 760euro with all utilities included. The apartment is furnished and equipped.

The minimum period for renting the apartment is 3 months up to a maximum 5 years. Registration to the municipality is possible. We have written out of the municipality so you will register the house as a main tenant, a condition for getting housing allowance. We also have a storage place where you can deposit pieces of furniture so you can bring your own but please keep in mind that you can't store all the apartment's furniture there.

At the moment, it's impossible for both of us to personally show you the apartment due to our schedule and chalet administration especially in these times with the new pandemic regulations, but this is not a problem because we can use Vrbo's services. They also handle rentals and provide secure services for both tenants and hosts.

We can offer you more details if you are interested.

Have a nice weekend,
Rolf & Antoinette

P.S. I appreciate a reply in English, if it is possible. Thank you!

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#422189 by Michelle Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:36 am
Rolf Blok <[email protected]>

Good evening,

The monthly rent includes g/w/e. Tv and internet are already installed but not included in the rent. We already have a contract with Nuon and Ziggo/kpn (for internet and tv). If you have any ongoing contracts, it's possible to take them with you. The tv/internet fees are 37euro per month. The storage room has 15m2 enough space to deposit quite a lot of furniture in case you want to bring some of your own. Changing the color of the walls, hanging paintings, etc. is ok with the condition that you will be renting the apartment for a minimum period of at least 1 year. A washing machine, dryer and dishwasher are already installed and ready to use.

You can start renting the apartment from 15th of January or from 1st of February if it's more convenient for you. The contract will also include the possibility of renewal (with you having the first right to extend the contract) and with a notice period of 1 month in case you want to move out sooner. You can rent the apartment for a period up to 5 years for now, there's a good possibility to rent for a longer period too. We won't be coming back or try to sell the apartment during this period; this will also be mentioned in the contract.

Regarding the payment, we request a 2 months pay + 500euro refundable deposit at the end of your stay if no damage has been done to the apartment.

Let me explain the steps that we must follow in order to use Vrbo's services:
- I will need your full name and address so I can send you the keys and contract;
- I will list the apartment on the Vrbo website and forward you the link so you can request a booking;
- After completing the booking request, Vrbo will send you the invoice so you can make the payment in order to confirm the apartment reservation. The payment will be in their custody until you will inspect the apartment. As soon as Vrbo confirms that the payment is in their custody, I will start the delivery of the keys and contract at the address provided;
- Vrbo will release the money only with your approval and only after the apartment inspection. After you will inspect the apartment, you will have 24 hours to decide whether you will rent it or not.

If you agree with the steps, I wait for your e-mail with your full name and address.

Regards,
Rolf

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.