Room for Rent and other rental scams
#419351 by Michelle Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:34 am
Mariam Scholz < [email protected] > wrote:

Hello!

Thank you for your interest in renting my apartment. I am the owner and I am looking for someone to rent my property from a minimum of 2 months to an unlimited time.
The apartment has 1 room 1 bathroom 1 kitchen and 1 beds is in good condition, clean and ready to use. You can always put your furniture in the apartment if you do not agree with my furniture. There is a basement.

Monthly rent - 400 EUR - including all additional costs
Additional costs: 120 € (gas, electricity, internet, water)
Security deposit (refundable) - 1000 EUR

First of all, I have to tell you that I am currently not in Germany. I moved to Amsterdam with my husband to start a business in tourism.

At the moment we are locked here because of the Co-Vid19 virus and it is really difficult to travel to show you the apartment in person. However, this is not a problem as we can use Airbnb services from an agency. In addition to this situation, they also take care of the rental and provide secure services for renters and hosts. Do you know this agency Airbnb? You have probably used this company for your trips or reviews of destinations etc!

If you are interested, we can offer you further details.
KIND REGARDS. Mariam

Subject: Re: Online-ID 2x2zr47: Ms. Sanne Stevens wishes a viewing appointment
Date: November 2, 2020 at 11:59:56 AM CET
To: sanne < [email protected] >

Hello,

Thank you for writing back to me. Airbnb offers a simple control process for owners and new tenants.

I will deposit the keys and sign a contract on your behalf with the company as the intended recipient. As the owner, I need to send Airbnb some information about the rental agreement and copies of some documents.

After Airbnb reviews the documents, you as a potential tenant will be contacted to see if you have enough money to rent the apartment. In the first month you have to pay Airbnb (400 euros) + a deposit of (1000 euros), a total of 1400 euros!

Airbnb will check the transfer and start delivery via a licensed shipping company such as DHL or UPS if everything is OK. Delivery takes 2-3 working days.
Upon receipt of the package, you will check the apartment and you must contact Airbnb within 5 working days (inspection time) to find out if you will keep the apartment or not. If everything is fine, Airbnb will ask you to transfer the funds to my account. If you do not like the apartment, the payment will be fully refunded. Airbnb cannot release the funds without your consent. The inspection period of 5 days starts from the moment you are in the building.

If you agree to the procedure, please provide the following information:

Documents required by the agency:
1- Image of your ID card to sign the rental agreement. Please send me a clear picture, not scanned or not blurred.
High-resolution color image of your ID card with all four corners and edges

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement