Room for Rent and other rental scams
#419303 by Michelle Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:11 am
Ana-Maria Silva <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello

Thank you for your feedback. After we reviewed your arguments, me and my husband decided to rent you our apartment.

Currently our situation is as follows: we are not living in there anymore because at the beginning of this year we had the opportunity to move with work in Spain ( you can move in as soon as you want ) and we can't show you personally the apartment, but we will send the key to you and you'll go to check the apartment (anyway, you also know about the situation with the Coronavirus and it's even safer that way)

For sending the key we ask for an deposit that will be 2.400 CHF : 1.400 CHF (including all bills: gas, water, electricity, TV and internet connection ; furnished or unfurnished; storage space available in the basement) that will be the first month of rent and 1.000 CHF will be refunded to you at the end of the contract if everything is in order in the house. To realize the deposit I have a partnership with the company HomeAway.com to pay the deposit in their account (in this way you can be sure that the money remains safe in their account).

Here is the procedure explained:

1 - To start the process all I need is your full info (full name, shipping address and a cell phone number where you can be reached)

2- HomeAway will send you a delivery notification with the details of the apartment, the contract signed by me and an authorized person and the payment instructions to complete the rental transaction.

3 - At this point you will have to make the deposit on the account HomeAway provided to you for the amount we agreed.

4 - After you make the deposit you will have to send the payment details to HomeAway.

5 - HomeAway will verify the transfer and if everything is in order I will start the delivery through a licensed shipping company such as DHL or UPS. The delivery will take 2-3 business days.

After you receive the key, you will go and check the apartment and in 5 business days (inspection time) you must contact HomeAway to inform them if you keep the apartment or not, if everything is in order you will inform HomeAway to forward the funds to my account. If you don't like the apartment the payment will be fully refunded to you. HomeAway can NOT release the funds without your approval. Also the inspection time of 5 days will start from the moment you will be at the building.

As a proof of our serious intentions you will find my passport below.
I am waiting for any feedback from you and any further questions.
We can easily communicate also on Whatsapp if you want : +34 632210212

All the best,
Ana

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement