Room for Rent and other rental scams
#415866 by Michelle Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:17 am
[email protected] wrote [email protected] < [email protected] >:

Good day,

I am writing to you regarding the apartment to which you recently applied.

My name is Eduard Smit and I am the owner and landlord of this apartment. Your contact details were forwarded to me by the previous tenant.

I have put the expose again in the appendix .

Due to numerous applications, I am currently putting together a potential closer circle. You are the only person I will contact for now.

I assume that 24 hours should be enough for a satisfactory answer. If you need more time, please let me know before I contact other interested parties.

A somewhat longer text will follow below. To avoid misunderstandings, you should read it carefully and understand it.

When looking for an apartment, I assume a certain basic commitment. So if I received an answer that completely ignored the topic, I would not consider you further when selecting the tenant.

Now to the apartment.

There will be no competition , there will be no mass viewings. I value humane leasing .

It would be important to me that you can confirm once again that the apartment is safe for you to wear every month . It is also about exceptional situations . If, for example, the car has to go to the workshop, enough reserves should be available so that the rent does not fall by the wayside.

Late rental payments will not be tolerated in any way.

I would also like to point out that the minimum rental period is 12 months . The standard notice period is 3 months.
There is no graduated rent. There are no payments on account.

The deposit is € 1100 . The deposit will be transferred to a deposit account you have created. I've been using this approach for years without any problems. Further details follow in the text.

As of today I am in my home country, the Netherlands, on business. In Rotterdam to be precise. I will start my return journey on September 27th , 2020 .
The viewing is therefore possible from September 28th, 2020 .
You can move in from October 1st, 2020 .
Move in Please not later than November 15th, 2020.

As a conscientious and tidy landlord, I must of course ask for some documents from you in advance. Unfortunately, the past has confirmed that there is no getting around it.

On the one hand, I need proof of your liquidity from you; this can be, for example, a Schufa report. Otherwise, however, also account statements, pay slips or guarantees. A simple 2 line including signature is sufficient for the guarantee.

On the other hand, a proof of identity . To do this, please photograph the front and back of your ID. It is important that all 4 corners are recognizable and that all data is properly legible.
You will of course also find my proof of identity in the attachment. Please also orientate yourself on the quality, I don't want to have to take out my magnifying glass to decrypt the ID data.

For the sake of clarity, please send me the data in the following format:

Surname
Proof of liquidity (Appendix)
Proof of identity (front and back of ID card) (attachment)
Planned move-in
Planned visit (name 3 suggested dates including time)

Your data will of course be treated strictly in accordance with the currently applicable data protection law and will not be passed on or deleted again!
I expect the same from you!

To the deposit account .

You will create a deposit account for the deposit. It takes less than 10 minutes to invest and is part of the above-mentioned basic commitment .
On this deposit account the deposit will be transferred then to the feeder. It will stay there until you move out. I've been doing this for years and I won't let anyone talk to me.

You will receive precise instructions for the creation from me after sending your documents.

It is desirable that, if you like, the rental contract is signed as soon as possible , of course after the viewing.
By sending your documents and / or creating the deposit account, you do not enter into any obligations. There will be no costs for you either.

A reflection period of a few days after the viewing is of course not a problem. However, the apartment is a top property , so I assume that a few days will be enough.

A cellar room also belongs to the apartment.

This is 9m ² and closed .

If you do not want to connect your washing machine in the apartment, it can also be placed in the laundry room . A dryer too, of course.

I hope that I have explained everything clearly and thank you for your attention.

greeting
Eduard Smit

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#415944 by RolandP Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:53 am
Hi Michelle,

I received the same scam from that person. Any suggestion on how to proceed? I am in Berlin.

Best regards-
[Removed]
Last edited by AlanJones on Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal details