Room for Rent and other rental scams
#407057 by Michelle Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:44 am
Diana Kadetoff <[email protected]>

Hi,

Once again...you will rent the entire apartment, no share. you have fully equipped kitchen.
I want to do this through Intact Rentals company, it`s very well known. Here is this explained on their site: https://www.intactrentals.com/renters/
I have a history with this company, I know how they work and they have a $10,000 guarantee for renters which means they issue refund if anything happens as you can see at the bottom of their website page when you click on "Positive SSL".

Basically, I setup the booking on Intact Rentals for you. You pay to Intact Rentals (1st month's rent + security deposit, in total €1,950) and then Intact deliver the keys at any address you want through Keycafe or UPS service.
Due to COVID-19 outbreak, I think is safer to receive the keys and inspect the apartment lonely.
THE PAYMENT WOULD GO THROUGH INTACT RENTLAS PLATFORM.

So, after you view the apartment, for whatever reason, you are not satisfied by the apartment, Intact Rentals will refund you. Before viewing or until you give them the "ok" over the apartment Intact Rentals will not send me any money, they put the funds on hold.

If you like the apartment I`ll sign the agreement and exchange copies online; move in and take it from there.

I believe this is the best way to do this and safest for both of us.

For me to start the process I need the below details:
- Your full name:
- Address where you want to receive the keys:
- Date of tenancy:
- Planned duration of stay:
- Total number of occupants:
- Your mobile number:
- A valid copy of your ID/Driver License or Passport:

I`m ready to start the process once I get the above details so I am looking forward to doing business with you.

All the best,
Chief Physician Diana Kadetoff

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#410198 by ArtsMusic Tue May 12, 2020 4:27 pm
Hello. I got the exact message about the Intact Rentals. A gentleman who is renting a studio cheaper than most in the area (San Jose, CA) is basically conducting business about the rental unit from New York. He initially tried to get me to send him the deposit electronically so I can check out the studio. Since I didn't feel that was the right thing to do, he then preceded to present me with the Intact Rental method.

I googled this company and found your link which led me hear and reading the same exact message that he sent me about Intact Rental.

Would this be a legitimate scam?

[email protected]