Room for Rent and other rental scams
Advertisement

#405111 by johnythabtor Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:20 pm
Thanks for this warning. This person is still active

Below is what he sent to me.. and I almost fell for it until your warning

Hi

I have taken note of your email. It is a apartment 2 Bedrooms close to all shops and amenities and you will be alone in living in it. The apartment is very clean as in the pictures it was occupied by my daughter. The flat rent is $ 900 Per Month expenses included (heating, hot water, washer, dryer electricity, high speed Internet access Wi-Fi, telephone, cable TV, parking, All tax included etc. . .) The reason for this potential rent is not to leave the apartment empty and not maintained since my daughter was in the apartment she had just joined me in EUROPE for her studies for 5 Years. The apartment can be rented furnished or empty as you like. I also want to tell you that you have to give a guarantee of one month deposit (which is refundable at the end of the lease or taken into account for the last month's rent). Regarding the visit, I will make an appointment with you to visit the apartment and eventually move on to the signing of the lease and the keys to the apartment. I am flexible in the lease, you can move when you want the next week or early in February - March. Please let me know if you're still interested I'll let you in the next message the list of documents required and a date for the appointment.

Fill out the following information as they are required for the visit:

LAST NAME:
FIRST NAME :
NATIONALITY:
NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN THE APARTMENT :
TERM OF THE LEASE (Flexible):
CURRENT ADRESS :

Address of the Apartment: ( 297 College Street, Toronto, ON, Canada ) and know that the apartment is available immediately.
#405290 by Robert Johnes Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:16 pm
The scammer is still active but now is in London! I got this email from him as I saw an advert in Facebook!

On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 at 16:01, Sir .... <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi

I have taken note of your email. It is a apartment 1 Bedroom close to all shops and amenities and you will be alone in living in it. The apartment is very clean as in the pictures it was occupied by my daughter. The flat rent is £175 Per Week or £700 Per Month expenses included (heating, hot water, washer, dryer electricity, high speed Internet access Wi-Fi, telephone, cable TV, parking, All tax included etc. . .) The reason for this potential rent is not to leave the apartment empty and not maintained since my daughter was in the apartment she had just joined me in Madrid for her studies for 5 Years. The apartment can be rented furnished or empty as you like. I also want to tell you that you have to give a guarantee of one month deposit (which is refundable at the end of the lease or taken into account for the last month's rent). Regarding the visit, I will make an appointment with you to visit the apartment and eventually move on to the signing of the lease and the keys to the apartment. I am flexible in the lease, you can move when you want the next week or early in March - April. Please let me know if you're still interested I'll let you in the next message the list of documents required and a date for the appointment.

Fill out the following information as they are required for the visit:

LAST NAME:
FIRST NAME :
NATIONALITY:
NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN THE APARTMENT :
TERM OF THE LEASE (Flexible):
CURRENT ADRESS :

Address of the Apartment: ( 2 Remington St,Islington, London N1 8DH ) and know that the apartment is available immediately.

Entire flat to rent with in this quiet residential street in central Islington. It comprises of one bedroom, Kitchen, separate living room and family bathroom. The flat benefits from a private garden. Remington Street is ideally located for the retail, dining and leisure facilities of Upper Street Islington and Clerkenwell being located between City Road and the Regents Canal. Angel underground station is close by providing easy access to the City, Kings Cross and other parts of the capital.

See the advert and my communication here: https://imgur.com/gallery/CdTNpbp
#405859 by max21435 Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:27 pm
The same person is also active in Montreal. Here is the message I got from him, basically the same but in French (such a lucky daughter he has, with apartments all around the world!)

Bonjour

Mon appartement est toujours disponible au coût de 750 $ Par mois charges comprises (Chauffage, eau chaude, électricité, Internet haute vitesse et wifi, téléphone, câble TV, parking, toutes taxes incluses, etc.). C'est un appartement meublé proche de tous les commerces et commodités. L'appartement est très propre comme vous pouvez le constater sur les photos, Il était occupé par ma fille. La raison de cette éventuelle location est de ne pas laisser l'appartement vide et non entretenu vu que ma fille qui occupait l'appart vient de me rejoindre en EUROPE pour ses études pour une durée de 5 ans. L'appartement peut être loué meublé ou vide comme bon vous semble. Je tiens également à vous dire que vous devez donner une garantie d'un mois de caution (remboursable à la fin du bail ou pris en compte pour le dernier mois de loyer). En ce qui concerne la visite, je prendrai rendez-vous avec vous pour la visite de l'appartement et éventuellement la signature du contrat de bail et la remise des clés. Je suis flexible pour la durée du bail, vous pouvez déménager quand vous voulez la semaine prochaine ou au début du mois de Avril. S'il vous plaît, faites-moi savoir si vous êtes toujours intéressé, je vous laisserai dans le prochain message la liste des documents requis et une date pour le rendez-vous.

Remplissez les informations suivantes car elles sont nécessaires pour la visite:

NOM :
PRÉNOM :
NOMBRE DE PERSONNES DANS L'APPARTEMENT:
DURÉE DU BAIL (Flexible):
ADRESSE ACTUELLE :

Adresse de l'appartement: ( 5395 Rue Drolet, Montréal, QC H2T 2H5 ) et sachez que l'appartement est disponible immédiatement.

Caractéristique :

Très grand 3 ½ bien meublé (avec cuisine américaine, comptoir en quartz et appareils électroménagers en stainless), une chambre fermée, une salle de bain (avec baignoire et douche séparée), salle de lavage (remise). A louer meublé.Entièrement repeint. L’appartement est très lumineux, sans vis-à-vis et en parfait état.Tout inclus(eau, chauffage, internet ,etc...).
Cet appartement est situé au cœur du Plateau à 5 minutes du Métro Laurier, est à l’intersection de quartiers très vivants du plateau. À l’est, le parc Laurier avec sa piscine extérieure, son parc pour enfants, la piste cyclable qui le traverse, les terrains de football, … Un peu plus loin, la partie très animée de la rue Laurier avec restaurants, commerces et cafés. À l’ouest, c’est le Mile End, le quartier des artistes de Montréal. Finalement en descendant la rue Saint Denis vers le sud, on se retrouve sur l’avenue du Mont Royal, une artère très animée autant la journée que le soir. Le quartier est fort bien pourvu en commerces de proximité (alimentation, pharmacie, station d’essence, nettoyeur, fleuriste) de services (école primaire laurier, bibliothèque Mont-Royal, service de la ville, commissariat,) de parcs. En terme d’axes urbains, on accède rapidement aux artères principales de Montréal comme la rue Saint Denis et la rue Saint Laurent pour aller vers d’autres quartiers de la ville ou hors de la ville elle-même.