Room for Rent and other rental scams
#398822 by Michelle Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:03 am
Alicia Gerpper <[email protected]>

Hello,

Thanks for your email query regarding my apartment located on: ul. Donovaly, Banská Bystrica
I'm sorry for the delayed answer i just got back from vacation.
I am sorry but i do not speak slovak. I lived all my life in United Kingdom. This apartment is inherited from my grand-parents who lived in Slovak Republic. Now the apartment is empty and i want to rent it.

My name is Alicia Gerpper. I'm a research engineer for a pharmaceutical company .

The apartment is completely furnished with high quality furniture, all the necessary equipment and appliances. New fitted kitchen . The apartment is in excellent condition, very clean and well kept. You have full access to all building amenities, near you have public transportation, coffee's shops and other facilities. Pets are allowed.

The rent will be Euro 180 per month including all utilities (water, electricity, internet, cable ). The time period for the lease is negotiable - what ever suits you well. I am asking for a rental guarantee (kaution) equal with 2 months rent because as you can see in the pictures my apartment is finished to high standards. The rental guarantee will be refunded at the end of the contract in full.
If further interested, please give me some information about yourself (age, job, lifestyle or whatever you think makes you a good tenant).
Also please let me know how many people would be living on the property and exact date when you would like to move in.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you.
Alicia Gerpper

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#398918 by Michelle Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:43 pm
Alicia Gerpper <[email protected]>

I have sent your information to Airbnb Properties Limited and I just received the confirmation from them that you already received the payment invoice. You should receive an email from them with the instructions of what you have to do and how. Also the deposit must be confirmed in maximum 24 hours because other way I have to open another case with Airbnb and I must pay for every case.
The courier will be DHL and the package will be delivered at the address provided. Of course, you will receive a call 2 hours ahead before the package arrives.
One more thing: In the package there are 2 keys : a large keys with plastic cover for the door and a remote for the alarm.
The remote has 2 buttons (on/off) so before you insert the keys please press off to de-activate the alarm because if you insert the key before you will activate the alarm.
And please make sure that you don't leave anything on like electricity, water, etc.. I want you to treat the flat like your own home.
I will not bother you with anything for the entire duration of your stay as long as you pay the rent in time.
All this of course if you like the apartment :)
Just check your e-mail. After the deposit is made and verified by Airbnb you will receive the keys in 2-3 working days.

All that you have to do is follow the instructions from the payment invoice and we will not have any problems. It is very simple don't worry.
I will wait the deposit confirmation from Airbnb in the next 24 hours so I can prepare the shipping.

PS: Check also your email spam folder for the invoice. I received a copy and it was in my spam folder

Regards

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

#419518 by scamsstopper Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:49 am
This scammer email [[email protected]] is active again.
Offers several fake flats to rent in low-taxed locations in Switzerland.
It (/he/she) is using pictures stolen from sites offering apartments to rent in different eastern European countries (Poland, Czech, Austria).