Room for Rent and other rental scams
#390376 by Michelle Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:37 am
Scott Adele <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for your interest in my apartment it’s still available for rent. I am sure you would be asking yourself why my rent is low, that's because I am not too keen about the money in renting the apartment out but to whom I am renting the apartment out to. My intention is to rent my apartment to someone that is responsible and that would take great care of the apartment as if it were his or hers. I am very certain that you would love the comfy of the apartment, it is available for short and long term lease.

I would like you to know that I am giving this apartment out for rent because I have relocated to West Africa on a missionary work and I would be spending couple of years before I would be through with my assignment. I know you might be worried to deal with someone who is overseas but i want you to know that Myself and my family and other Native Americans have been missionaries with Global Ministries for a long time now. We served as missionaries in major parts of the world, we now serve as United Methodist missionaries serving in West Africa. I would like you to complete the tenant application form below if you are interested in my apartment and please be honest with the details.

Rent Fees:
Rent Per Month: $800 (Including Utilities)
Security Deposit: $750 (Refundable)

APARTMENT FEATURES:
Bedrooms: 1
Bathrooms: 1
Sqft: 750
Property type: Studio Apartment
Parking: Yes
Availability: now
Lease term: Contact for Details
Utilities included: electricity, water, gas, internet, cable, garbage.

COMPLETE THE TENANT APPLICATION FORM BELOW:
FIRST NAME:
MIDDLE NAME:
LAST NAME:
MARITAL STATUS:
CELL PHONE:
HOME PHONE:
KIDS___ (YES/NO), HOW MANY:
PRESENT ADDRESS:
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND TO MOVE IN:
DO YOU HAVE PET:
DO YOU SMOKE:

After I have received these details above, I would discuss with my wife and let you know my terms and how we would conclude the Lease process so you can move into the apartment asap, feel free to call me anytime on my cell number: (+234) 708 9488 855.

I hope to hear from you soonest.

Scott Adele.

Scott Adele <[email protected]> wrote:

God bless you for your reply to my email and may the good lord bless you numerously. I want you to have in mind that your search for a new home has come to an end, my wife and I have finally concluded to rent the apartment out to you. I have attached a sample soft copy of the lease document for you to have a better look at it since am not in the country to take you on a tour and for you to know you are dealing with the exact owner of the apartment. Its very nice to know you have got much interest in my apartment and you are willing to move forward to renting it.

I want you to know that, what I and my family are in search of an occupant who can take good care of our home and who we can create a good relationship with for future purpose. We are a very little family that tries very had to stay away from issues and we are only willing to give out our apartment to a family or an individual who is peaceful and God fearing.

A little about my self, I am married to a lovely woman and we are blessed with 3 kids. I am that kind of man who don't give what I cant eat, I believe in the golden rule. Treat others the way you want to be treated, I fear and respect God knowing he doesn't like ugly. I am just trying to make my intention to you very clear that i am not the type that take anybody for granted and I don't do the running around, I am straight and expect the same of what I give, I just want to rent my home out so it doesn't stay empty. Also I need you to understand that the money factor would never be an issue for me, because I know how difficult it get most times to get funds, that's why my wife and I are always open to listening to peoples needs.

As I said in my previous email I and my family are out of the country and due to this I will be sending you the keys and legal documents of the apartment. The reason we have the keys and documents with us is because we never had it in mind to rent out our home , but since we going to be staying here longer than expected my wife insisted we rent it out to a lucky family/individual and at a very affordable rate.

So I need you to get back to me and give me your move in date, the names of every one moving in with you, if you have pets I need there names, and also I need your exact home location so I don't make a mistake wile sending you the keys and documents, and let me know if you can make a payment for the full or half of the deposit payment today.

Please note that the deposit is refundable and it will be used in financing the shipment of the keys and legal documents of the apartment to you. We are requesting for the deposit because we want you to make a commitment towards renting the apartment, after I confirm the deposit I will ship the keys to your address and it will reach you within 24 to 48hours. feel free to call me anytime on my cell number: (+234) 708 9488 855. I expect your swift response.

Thanks and God bless you.

Scott Adele.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement