Room for Rent and other rental scams
#342647 by Bryon Williams Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:55 pm
Peter Ciarlante < [email protected] > a écrit :

appreciate the interest you have in my apartment. also i will like to tell you the kind of tenant i need, I need someone that will be able to take good care of my apartment and maintain everything in the apartment because have relocated to Scotland due to my work and the apartment is available for long and short term.

There is a dining area and adjacent to the living room and there is a well furnished and well equipped kitchen with a fridge, microwave and cooker.A washing machine and a separate dryer in the utility cupboard adjacent to the bathroom The bathroom has a bath with shower,A unit with separate W.C. and the bedrooms are well furnished, and have good looking doors. There is a colour tv in all the apartment and a dvd player. also with internet facilities

- The apartment is located at rue d'Alger, Paris, 75001, France and it is very close to metro stations, restaurants and stores.

- The rent is Eur 600 per month including all bills such as water, electricity, gas e..t.c with a refundable deposit of Eur 600 which will be refund back to you at the end of your stay in my apartment

Anyway my apartment is located in a very safe and quite neighborhood. There is no noise. My apartment is very clean and well equipped with all necessities.

so get back to me so that we can proceed with the necessary arrangement and i will send the picture of the apartment to you if you are ok with the location.....

Regards
Peter

Subject: Re: information ...

Okay and here is the picture of the apartment and all i need from my tenant is to take good care of it and be a good tenant to me after moving in, so if you are ok with the apartment and you will like to proceed then we will have to sign a contract to legalize the rent after which you will proceed with the payment of the deposit and this will serve as an assurance that you really have interest in my apartment and the apartment will be reserve for you, also after the payment have been confirm here then a receipt will be issue back in return to guaranty the payment with the key of the apartment will be send to you and this are the things you will come down with on your movein date to the apartment and you make the payment of the first month rent on your movein date..

Waiting for your answer

Regards
Peter

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#425251 by Clover0880 Sun May 02, 2021 10:30 pm
Wow, thank you so much for posting about this scammer! He almost got me for 1,000$! A rental property in Panama City, FL, USA. He used “Peter Ciarlante”, (949) 393-1927, and email- [email protected] He said for me to send the security deposit to @patricia0404 (Patricia Profit) on Venmo. I looked at her picture and got worried. I asked him to assure me he wasnt scamming me and he sent me “his” passport.
#425255 by Terminator5 Mon May 03, 2021 2:40 am
Can you please post a screen shot or photo of the fake passport this scammer is currently using ?

THANKS

Daniel 8 :25